Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Walt Disney World Q&A Part 1 | 02/10/20

Hope it is ok to post this here, but thought thought I would share this link to an excellent thread here on the Disboards covering the Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group process:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/
It is an evolving situation - but the first two posts in this thread are updated with the latest information and has a FAQ section and also a chart that is updated with each days performance as far as total # of boarding groups,. rate of BGs/hour, how quickly boarding groups ran out, etc.

Just for those looking for more info (and potentially updated info as it feels like it is constantly changing) - but I thought they did a good job in the video trying to summarize what can appear complicated from the outside

Great episode! It made me re-think ECVs. I have had some bad experiences with people in ECVs - Almost run over by a kid who was driving while sitting in grandma's lap. We jumped out of the way just in time. Or, having scooters honking & trying to pass everyone as the masses leave after fireworks.

I would never jump over a scooter or step out in front of one, but I admit to rolling my eyes as a family of four (two adults & two teens) drove up at the resort bus stop just as the Magic Kingdom bus we had been waiting on for 25 minutes arrived.

I will make sure we are extra courteous. We already open doors for strollers & scooters, but now will make sure we aren't blocking any curb cutouts.

Great episode! It made me re-think ECVs. I have had some bad experiences with people in ECVs - Almost run over by a kid who was driving while sitting in grandma's lap. We jumped out of the way just in time. Or, having scooters honking & trying to pass everyone as the masses leave after fireworks.

I would never jump over a scooter or step out in front of one, but I admit to rolling my eyes as a family of four (two adults & two teens) drove up at the resort bus stop just as the Magic Kingdom bus we had been waiting on for 25 minutes arrived.

I will make sure we are extra courteous. We already open doors for strollers & scooters, but now will make sure we aren't blocking any curb cutouts.

I think it is one of those things where I suspect many of have had at least a couple of negative experiences from someone in an ECV and those stick with us - we don't remember the 99.9% of the times they didn't negatively impact us nearly as much.

And it is likely the reverse for people in ECVs but for them I suspect the ratio of negative experiences is much higher.

I think just another example of where just trying to be more curteous to everyone around you and trying to be more aware of everyone around you - and remembering if you see someone in an ECV there is a high chance they had some negative experiences because of it and maybe making a little effort to be overly conscious of them (to look directly at them if you do interact with them - not talk "above them"), maybe try to help if see a situation where someone could use one.

Last thing, also just try to not get frustrated with people in one. One trip last minute my mother in law got injured and needed to use one and she did her best but first time driving one and occasionally struggled (especially when having to back up). I mean, sometimes people are just jerks but I bet way, way more of the time they are doing their best to not be in the way, to not negatively impact others

Hope it is ok to post this here, but thought thought I would share this link to an excellent thread here on the Disboards covering the Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group process:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/
It is an evolving situation - but the first two posts in this thread are updated with the latest information and has a FAQ section and also a chart that is updated with each days performance as far as total # of boarding groups,. rate of BGs/hour, how quickly boarding groups ran out, etc.

Just for those looking for more info (and potentially updated info as it feels like it is constantly changing) - but I thought they did a good job in the video trying to summarize what can appear complicated from the outside
It’s how I start every morning now, along with a cup of java. Wishing you luck on your trip!

It’s how I start every morning now, along with a cup of java. Wishing you luck on your trip!

Thank you! May the Force be with us! ... bit worried about the report today that even back-up groups were gone in 2 mins - just get worried when there is an element of relying on Disney IT working properly

Thank you! May the Force be with us! ... bit worried about the report today that even back-up groups were gone in 2 mins - just get worried when there is an element of relying on Disney IT working properly

Expect it to be super busy over this holiday weekend & through all of next week. The Northeast (NY, NJ, MA, CT) will be on a week long winter break. I bet boarding groups fill up minutes after opening.

I think there's just rude people no matter what. People in ECV's can be rude thinking they should always be allowed to go first and ramming into people. People that are walking and rude to people in ECV's or pushing strollers by cutting out in front of them and the list just continues. Our past 2 trips we've had a double stroller and it's ridiculous trying to push that thing around after the fireworks or a parade. People will see you trying to get through being as polite as possible and look at you and not even move. We've had so many people cut us off and walk right in front that we have to stop dead in our tracks so we don't hit them. All I see are people complaining about strollers on FB pages and I get that like I said earlier their are definitely rude people pushing a stroller just as there are in every other situation, but that doesn't mean every single person pushing a stroller is like that. The stroller is a total pain and I would love to be done with it, but my youngest is only 2 so I have a long way to go unfortunately. It's a common courtesy issue that people just tend to forget when worried about getting in that next line before the wait goes up.

I will say my experiences on buses are the exact opposite. People see us struggling with two kids, bags and a stroller and a handful of people always offer up their seat. Seems funny almost like now that they're out of the park the remember how to act again.

I challenge ANYONE who thinks people in ECVs have it easier to rent one for the day and see if you day gets better.

People in ECVs see you rolling your eyes and getting annoyed. We have to play by the Disney rules as well as everyone else.

And Ive been hit far more frequently by someone pushing a stroller and not paying attention than I have by someone in an ECV.

ECVs and strollers have no more rights than anyone else. BUT....they do have the same rights as everyone else.

Again....if you think it's easier or that someone using mobility assistance is getting something over on you....try it.

My wife occasionally needs to use a scooter in the parks. I've watched her joy at being able to spend more time (especially at Epcot) there because the scooter reduces the stress on her legs. I've also seen how difficult it is to manage a scooter in a crowd. Some places its almost impossible to get through because people aren't aware of how they (and their back pack) are blocking the passage ways.

Scooters are a god-send to those who's mobility is impaired because of injury, age or other physical ailment. Enjoying the parks should mean realizing that its not just about you, but also about the other guest experiences.

We were able to ride Rise of the Resistance twice in January. We arrived in the park at 6am both times and were able to get boarding groups for the day at 7am I know it's asking a lot to get up early on those days but overall it worked great. I think this is way better than standing in line for 4-5 hours like FoP was when it first opened.

I challenge ANYONE who thinks people in ECVs have it easier to rent one for the day and see if you day gets better.

People in ECVs see you rolling your eyes and getting annoyed. We have to play by the Disney rules as well as everyone else.

And Ive been hit far more frequently by someone pushing a stroller and not paying attention than I have by someone in an ECV.

ECVs and strollers have no more rights than anyone else. BUT....they do have the same rights as everyone else.

Again....if you think it's easier or that someone using mobility assistance is getting something over on you....try it.

I hope you didn't get that from what I was saying. I can only speak to my experience with a stroller. I was merely just trying to point out that there are rude people in every category and not to judge others for another's actions, but probably worded it poorly. My grandmother was hit by a drunk driver before I was even alive so she's been in a wheelchair or using crutches my entire life so I would never judge anyone in an ECV. I have been to Disney with her once, but was only 5 so I don't remember if she struggled or not, but it was also the early 90's so the park was a very different place in general. I just wish everyone would follow the "treat others how you would want to be treated" rule in general not just at Disney.

I hope you didn't get that from what I was saying. I can only speak to my experience with a stroller. I was merely just trying to point out that there are rude people in every category and not to judge others for another's actions, but probably worded it poorly. My grandmother was hit by a drunk driver before I was even alive so she's been in a wheelchair or using crutches my entire life so I would never judge anyone in an ECV. I have been to Disney with her once, but was only 5 so I don't remember if she struggled or not, but it was also the early 90's so the park was a very different place in general. I just wish everyone would follow the "treat others how you would want to be treated" rule in general not just at Disney.

I agree 100% :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!