Dress pants for large thighs?

Malibustyle23

DIS Veteran
I potentially have a new job in the fall which means I will need a new wardrobe. My dress clothes are very limited so I would like to stick to a budget since I will need multiple pieces. My problem is my thighs are pretty huge. I can usually wear a size 16w or 18w but the couple pairs I tried on yesterday at Kohl's were pretty tight in my thigh area. Any suggestions on where to shop or what brands to look for?

The job is dressy casual or dressy so it doesn't need to be super fancy at all. I would like something with easy care just wash and go if possible. Black dress pants and some khaki color would be great.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Stores usually have their back to school sales in full swing by the end of the first week of August. I would suggest a dress pant called a ponte pant. Ponte is a knit that keeps its shape but also has stretch. JC Penney, Kohls, NY & Company and Lane Bryant typically have a ponte option each season. We used to describe them as dress pants that felt like sweat pants back when I was a store manager. (This was ages ago, before yoga pants and leggings where a thing.)

I like Lane Bryant's pant, but their prices are often crazy. Check out Roaman's or Woman Within online.

I have the same issue. I typically can find a good deal on Curvy Fit dress pants at JCPenney. They have several styles that you can try to see which one looks the best. I find the Curvy fit works for me without going up a size and looking dumpy.

Macy's Alfani Two-Button Curvy Fit Pants are easiest care dress pants I own, and they look professional and have a nice fit.

Try QVC. Look at Susan Graver clothes, she's very popular. Another popular line is Linea, Bob Mackie, Belle by Kim Gravel. Just click fashion on the far right side and the list comes up. Congratulations on your new job.

I too recommend JCP Worthington brand curvy fit for dress pants! While I am no longer plus size I still have huge hips and this fit is amazing!!!!!!!! Another line that I like is the Smart Fit line by Maurices.

Congratulations on your new job.
Thank you!

Thanks for the help everyone!
I am going to start with the JCP style since they are having a great sale right now. 65% off a purchase of $100 or more (smaller discount if you don't hit $100)online!
Questions though, those that have bought them have you found they are true to size? Also, anyone know about their return policy if I return the size that doesn't fit, will they lower the discount if that makes my purchase under $100? Hope that makes sense.

Congrats on ur new job!!
I second QVC, Susan graver. Take a look at the reviews of her pants. Classy but comfortable. I often purchase for s family member and they always work.

Try QVC. Look at Susan Graver clothes, she's very popular. Another popular line is Linea, Bob Mackie, Belle by Kim Gravel. Just click fashion on the far right side and the list comes up. Congratulations on your new job.

Congrats on ur new job!!
I second QVC, Susan graver. Take a look at the reviews of her pants. Classy but comfortable. I often purchase for s family member and they always work.

Another advantage of QVC is that the last line in any clothing description is, "To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here.", and when you do, you get a chart of the actual measurements (this link brings you to a top I was looking at.)

JCP Curvy fit. Especially on sale. Got a Brown and Grey pair recently for work for a really reasonable price because they are more of a "winter" palette. Get the Khaki color toward fall. I generally just wear the same black pants (two pair) with different dressy tops. It's a pretty casual office. I used to have to wear suits and coordinating shoes along with hose every day and just love pants and a blouse now. Suits all went to a charity for women applying for jobs through a job training program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter