Dressing for fall weather

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
You're going to be in the parks from 7am until 11pm. There's no going back to the resort. You're not going to carry backpacks; just taking the clothes you're going to wear. The temperatures range from a low of 55 to a high of 80. How to you dress?

Either get a locker for layers, or carry them. We opt to bring a small backpack. It’s not a burden to us to carry one. I don’t want to be uncomfortably cold when the sun goes down.

You're going to be in the parks from 7am until 11pm. There's no going back to the resort. You're not going to carry backpacks; just taking the clothes you're going to wear. The temperatures range from a low of 55 to a high of 80. How to you dress?

If we were doing rope drop, staying all day, and not going back to resort I would bring a small pack or rent a locker. I have a great Bendel lite backpack that we used and I did see lots of people with really nice lite day packs. I'm not into carrying a huge backpack all day but I would want a few things with us if we were staying from 7am to 11pm.

Jeans would be too hot for me with FL’s humidity with that much walking unless temps will be cooler. Also not sure I’d want to be in jeans for that long of a day. Hiking pants like the ones sold at Eddie Bauer or LL Bean are super comfortable for changing temps and wearing all day.

Mornings start off chilly, so maybe bring a little zip up or sweatshirt, but it definitely warms up before noon. But night, you should have a couple options just in case you get cold. I know you said you don’t want to pack anything, but it does get cold at night. I usually go back with a tee shirt, long sleeved shirt and possibly even a sweatshirt over that (maybe more) 😬 and jeans. 😆 But I should note, I’m always cold!!

I'm from the midwest, and we have a wide range of weather here (100's in the summer, negatives in the winter, at highs and lows of course), and I will say when it is in the 50's in Orlando and the humidity is still there, I freeze, but that's just me (at home the 50's are nothing as there's no humidity). So, I'd do jeans, thicker t-shirt, a hoodie with usable pockets, and something for my head. I've also done the "I'm going to by a hoodie or a sweatshirt anyway" so I start with lighter layers with the idea the if I'm cold I'll buy something.

I'm from PA, and with those temps, for me I would just be wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt all day and night. But, if you get cold fast, bring a light jacket or hoodie for the nights.

I'm from Texas. No way i m wearing jeans to the park if it's high 80s. Did it one trip and was miserable.

I believe the OP meant 80 degrees would be the high of the day, not that the temp would go to the high 80s.

But I agree with you, once we got off the plane and it was upper 80 or so and we felt awful after a short while. We now carry a pair of shorts in our carryon .

But back to the question....I don't think we could do it, with just t shirt and jacket tied around waist. But since DH uses a wheelchair at disney now, so we would probably add a thin long sleeve and a hat , along with the jackets and tote them with the chair.

I believe the OP meant 80 degrees would be the high of the day, not that the temp would go to the high 80s.

But I agree with you, once we got off the plane and it was upper 80 or so and we felt awful after a short while. We now carry a pair of shorts in our carryon .

But back to the question....I don't think we could do it, with just t shirt and jacket tied around waist. But since DH uses a wheelchair at disney now, so we would probably add a thin long sleeve and a hat , along with the jackets and tote them with the chair.
Yes, you are correct. I clearly said a high of 80. Not in the high 80's. In other word, November temperatures.

I wear jeans, kids and DH wear whatever pants they find comfy and that have pockets (my jeans are comfy to me). T-shirts and wrap a warm zip-up hoodie around our waist. 50's in FL feels colder because of the high humidity.
A high of 80 during FL's "cold months" may not mean all day 80. It will probably be 70s most of the day, only reaching 80 or near-80 for a very short period of time late afternoon. Once the sun goes down it cools off quick!

We get cold easily, so if it's going to be a cold night at the parks, I'll throw a thermal shirt for DS into my bag so he can change into it at night (underneath his t-shirt), plus his sweatshirt. I might do the same for myself as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter