Drinking water at Aulani

purpliequeen

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone - I have kind of an odd question to ask. For those who have stayed in a villa at Aulani, did you try the water in the room from the tap? Does it taste OK? I personally cannot stand the water at WDW and we end up buying gallons from the grocery store when we stay onsite in a villa. I find that the water at WDW tastes and smells sulfurous - even with flavor packets thrown in (which I'm not a huge fan of to begin with). Just curious if I should include a couple gallons on our grocery run prior to arriving at the resort.

Also, does the resort have water filling stations/water fountains? We love to bring water bottles and fill them up when we travel. 🚰

Thanks!

The water tasted fine to me. There was also a water and ice machine next to the soda machine (for the refillable cups) outside the cafe.
I’m not sure where else as some areas were closed when we were there due to the pool refurb.

I hate the water at WDW (just FL water, really), but I've never noticed a bad taste to the water at Aulani, and we are a family that uses refillable water bottles all the time, so I would have noticed. We definitely did not buy water.

The water tasted fine to me. There was also a water and ice machine next to the soda machine (for the refillable cups) outside the cafe.
I’m not sure where else as some areas were closed when we were there due to the pool refurb.

Hi :wave2: @Noodlez ! Now we're back on the same thread again! Thanks for the help. Noted on the pool refurb. I wish I saw the "before" pool refurb so I can appreciate the differences when we're there in a few months.

I hate the water at WDW (just FL water, really), but I've never noticed a bad taste to the water at Aulani, and we are a family that uses refillable water bottles all the time, so I would have noticed. We definitely did not buy water.

Thanks @jodybird511 - I'm on the same page as you. The water in FL tastes really interesting. I think it's because of the sulfur in the ground, but I could be totally making that up. We also try to use refillable water bottles too - it's crazy how much plastic is out there. I appreciate your commentary!

Water on Oahu is fine, totally drinkable. On previous stays before the refurbishments they had a number of chilled water stations around the pools.

Thanks, @kyton - I'll keep an out for the chilled water stations. We'll be at Aulani in Feb so hopefully the refurbishments will be successfully completed by then.

Hawaii water is very good. Nothing like the swamp water of Florida. To be fair, I do think that the water has gotten better in Florida. It used to be really swampy. Much better in the past couple of years.

We've been to Aulani 5 times now. The water there if fine to bring right out of the tap. Not sure why the OP mentions the water at WDW as that is thousands of miles away.

Thanks for the tip on drinking water out of the tap. Very helpful. I (the OP) mentioned the water in WDW because I (along with other people based on this thread) find the water there to be very untasty. I am just using it as a relative comparsion. I realize that both states are very far from one another! LOL! 🌊

Thanks for the tip on drinking water out of the tap. Very helpful. I (the OP) mentioned the water in WDW because I (along with other people based on this thread) find the water there to be very untasty. I am just using it as a relative comparsion. I realize that both states are very far from one another! LOL! 🌊
I'm a bit biased because I actually live right next door to the parks. I understand that many are turned off by the odor. Fortunately, our drinking water is just fine here.

I'm a bit biased because I actually live right next door to the parks. I understand that many are turned off by the odor. Fortunately, our drinking water is just fine here.
I gotcha. I think if I grew up with it, I wouldn't notice the difference, to be honest! So jealous you live next to the Parks. I would absolutely get over the taste of the water for proxmity! :) And you're absolutely right - there's nothing wrong with the water in WDW; I'm just referring to my own personal taste preference.

We are so looking forward to our Aulani trip and experiencing Disney magic in Hawaii!

hawaii's tap water doesn't get chlorinated etc. so to some it might taste "odd" if you're used to and/or like that kind of water. unless aulani adds something themselves there shouldn't be anything added to it at all (no fluorine, etc.)

We have been there twice tasted fine to us, but we are are from New Orleans not sure how much of a judge I could be.

For those of you wondering - we're at Aulani now and the water from the tap is delish! Noted that there's a lot of minerals in the water because you can see the (light) stains on the faucet (nothing alarming). But no overly chlorinated or sulfuric tasting.

Thanks for those who responded. Glad we didn't buy plastic water bottles. We brought water bottles and we actually fill the water up from the tap and put the bottles in the fridge to chill. I noticed that the "cold" on our kitchen faucet is not that cold so chilling in the fridge has been helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter