Drinks at monorail resorts

how busy is it to just go to the bar at cali grill? ist here a chance of being "shut out" and can you order food there too?
You have to get past the welcome desk down on the 2nd (I think) floor to make it up to the bar. I don't know how they determine if you're allowed up.

You have to get past the welcome desk down on the 2nd (I think) floor to make it up to the bar. I don't know how they determine if you're allowed up.

this is exactly what I dind't know either...any insights anyone?

A couple of thoughts.

Trader Sam's gets a lot of hype, but personally I am too old for Frat bars! (this place was just drunks making fools of themselves!)
California Grill bar is nice, but you do have a VERY high risk of being told "no" because it's full. To get in you ask at the welcome desk on the 2nd floor if there is space. If so you get in, if not you can wait, but I wouldn't. People seem to camp there all night. (I guess for fireworks?)

The one time I went to Cali Grill, Aug 2015 at around 6:30pm, the bar had no one sitting at it. But there was a little seating area with like sofas and whatnot and that was partially full. We were there for sunset but left well before fireworks, or there weren't any that night, and the bar itself was still vacant.

no kidding. I got the Nautilus and it was $30 WITHOUT the novelty glass.

We stayed in 2015 right after it reopened and they didn't have the prices on the drinks, glad me and the wife stopped after our second round of drinks..... it was over $80!

We stayed in 2015 right after it reopened and they didn't have the prices on the drinks, glad me and the wife stopped after our second round of drinks..... it was over $80!

I believe it! My father-in-law and I went back in February and we each got 1 drink and no food. Even with my TIW discount it was over $45. I had a great time, but I wouldn't go and get more than one drink. We were there for about an hour or so.

I actually couldn't even finish that Nautilus while I was there. It was deceivingly large (probably 24+ ounces?). The alcohol content wasn't too bad, but I literally could not finish the drink because I was too full. I had to get a to-go cup for it b/c we were hitting up epcot EMH. It's definitely a drink you can share.

We go to Trader's Sam's Terrace, outdoor. I don't really like sitting on low couches in the dark, with all the noises. The first time was unique. Also I don't really care for many of the drinks at Trader's Sam's. They seem to ruin them by throwing in strange liquors or spices. We just order our usual cocktail at a much lower price, but still higher than at other Disney bars.

We sometimes will get a drink at the Poly in the Tambu Lounge. It gets really crowded though because of guests waiting to be seated at 'Ohanas. There is a sushi bar that serves drinks next to Kona Cafe, we will get an appetizer and drink there.

At GF, Narcoosees has an interesting bar, it is sunken from the dining room. But we have only died there. But I would rather pick up a drink at the pool bar and go and sit outside Gasparillas Grill and watch the marina and the fireworks at MK. There is a lounge off of the 2nd balcony area near where the band plays at night.

For the CR, we usually go to TOWL. But my favorite is still sitting on my balcony enjoying the view with a glass of wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter