Drive time to Port...

Minniemedic

Earning My Ears
We are sailing on the Dream Monday.

It’s our first time driving to port & parking. We are coming from a WDW hotel.

We are staying concierge so no PAT but hope to get to port / in terminal as early as possible.

What time should we leave the hotel? Is there a certain place for parking at port that’s easier to deal with? (2 tiny kids & too much luggage )

It’s about a one hour drive from WDW to the port. The terminal opens at 10:30. They usually start boarding 11:15-11:30. Concierge guest board first:).
Parking is very easy and so convenient.
When you first pull in you will stop and drop your luggage off to the porters (like dropping off at a airport). Prior to your cruise you will receive luggage tags. Have these on your luggage so they are ready for the porters. You should tip a few dollars per bag. Your luggage will be delivered to your cabin. It’s a good idea to pack a day bag with bathing suits, sunscreen, RX and anything else you may need until your luggage is delivered.
Here is a picture of the terminal area. The terminal is on the left, parking on the right. Once you drop off your luggage you will drive into the garage. You pay for parking prior to parking. There is a walkway connecting the garage and terminal on the 3rd level. But still easy to walk from any level.
16E9BB2A-ECF6-4981-880B-31D151D63FDA.jpeg

Last edited:
Agree with Weedy. There is preferred parking right across from the porters but it's more expensive. We did this last time and after the cruise a porter took our luggage to our car .

Agree with Weedy. There is preferred parking right across from the porters but it's more expensive. We did this last time and after the cruise a porter took our luggage to our car .

You don't need to use preferred parking to have the porters take your luggage to your car. They will take it to the parking garage as well. Just remember to tip them.

dcl_porter.jpg

yes the porters will take your luggage to any level in the garage....they're very nice...
we were relatively early so we parked right on the level where the bridge is....

we had the first PAT, and i'd intended for us to leave saratoga springs at 9 am to get there at 10, but best laid plans...
we ended up leaving the resort at about 10 am i think and getting to the port at 11...
the place seemed empty...one other car pulled up in front of us....
we drove up to the porters, dropped off our luggage, drove across to the parking garage, parked right on the level of the bridge..
there was no line at security at all...no one....so we walked right in and into the terminal where there was no line at all...
we were checked in right away and since boarding had already started, we walked right in...they were already up to PAT number 6 by that point...i think it was about 11:30...

it was the first time we'd arrived at the port "that late" and i thought it was really nice, so the early bird crowd had already cleared through security and check in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!