Driving distance from Davenport to Disney

Eloi

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Very first post for me here.

I'm going to Florida with my wife and our 2 daughters from August 16th to August 30th. This will be my 3rd time to Florida (last time was in 1991), 2nd time for my wife and the very 1st time for our daughters (7 and 11). We're about to rent a villa (with private pool) in Davenport for 10 days (we plan to go to Daytona Beach for the remaining days). Every villa or so in Davenport say that they're "10 minutes from Disney" or "15 minutes from the theme parks". I know that there are roadworks on the I-4 as well as on the 27 and 192, so I'm wondering if the driving times are "for real". I ask because as it will be very hot in August and as our younger one is only 7, we plan to arrive at the theme parks really early, then to go back to the villa to swim and rest in the afternoon, then to come back to the parks at 5PM or so, for the evening. If our villa is a 30-min drive from the parks, it will make a huge difference, as opposed to 10 or 15 minutes, as we'll do the ride 2 times back and forth...

Thanks a lot for any help.

Eloi

that part of US192 is finished with most of the road work - so that shouldn't slow you down.

However they have added lights this will slow you down.

which part of Davenport? what the address?

I would think 15 minutes on a good day is probably correct or close to it - now on a bad day 30 minutes would also be a good guess.

just depends upon the traffic and lights.

there have been times staying at OKW that I got to Epcot in 2 minutes - there have also been times (due to construction) that it took 12 minutes - so even WDW resorts buses have to change due to construction.

spiceycat said:
that part of US192 is finished with most of the road work - so that shouldn't slow you down.

However they have added lights this will slow you down.

which part of Davenport? what the address?

I would think 15 minutes on a good day is probably correct or close to it - now on a bad day 30 minutes would also be a good guess.

just depends upon the traffic and lights.

there have been times staying at OKW that I got to Epcot in 2 minutes - there have also been times (due to construction) that it took 12 minutes - so even WDW resorts buses have to change due to construction.

I have a couple choices of villas, all on the 27. One is on 27, 1 mile south of I-4, the others are on 27, 2 or 3 miles north of I-4.

Are there alternate roads that could be taken to shorten the trip to WDW?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, you said I-4, not 192.

Either way, you will probably be taking i-4 to WDW. That area is a pain. Traffic on I-4 heading East can be terrible in the morning. And heading west at night is another headache.

If I were you, I'd look into the villas North of i-4. That way, you can take US27 North to SR54 (Ronald Reagan Parkway), then take a left onto Champions Gate Boulevard (532) and you will be a couple miles north on I-4. If it still looks bad, keep going on 532 and take a left onto CR 545. This brings you to 192. Take a left anf the first right and you are on Sherberth. The famous back road onto WDW property.

You may find it easier to sit in I-4 traffic. If you do, take the first WDW exit. Remember, you can get to any WDW park or resort from any of the WDW exits. Coming home, you can exit at 58 (532) and take the Champions Gate Boulevard directions in reverse to get to 27.

Ted

There are road works at the i-4 junction with the 192 although up to that point the road is clear but if you are staying south of the I-4 then it might be a bit of a trek to get to the west end of the 192 and you will encounter roadworks at the 27/I-4 junction where they are building Posner city.

to add to spicey cats post below

try this way .I-4 to the Champions gate exit -58 i believe- head east and you wil find Lake Wilson Road on your left .follow this and you will hit the 192 .You can then turn left and use Sherbeth Road to get to the Osceola Parkway and Disney

you are much closer to I4 than US 192 - so the traffic lights shouldn't be a problem - I would go the Interstate.

You will have traffic problems during rush hours.

the alternate road is US 192 - but you are pretty far from it.

someone told me Old Lake Wilson road - but I tried it and got lost....

I live off I-4 in Davenport and it is 12 miles from my house to the parking lot at Epcot. It usually is a very quick trip.

Today trying to return home would have taken longer because there was an accident on I-4. Took the back way and got home in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter