Driving NY to WDW - where to stop halfway?

shrinky215

Earning My Ears
I'm planning to drive from Buffalo, NY to WDW. Its a 22 hour drive and I would like to know of somewhere, about halfway, to spend a night. I have the correct directions, but no idea of hotels, or even cities along the way. I'm not necessarily looking for a hotel in particular, just a city about 10-12 hours from here to there. Then I can look for an appropriate hotel. Any suggestions?

when we drove from pittsburgh, we stopped in south carolina. about halfway thru. its a 15.5 hr drive from here. I would drive more hours the first day and stop, this will make the 2nd day of driving seem shorter. good luck, thats a long way to drive.

I'll do this backwards because I'm not sure how far you are from the NYC area, and for us it's about a 17 hour drive. We use to stop in Hardeeville, SC, right on the border of Georgia when we drove. From there it was about another 5 hours to WDW.

So going backwards, about 10 hours away from WDW would put you I think in North Carolina, because 12 hours of driving home use to put us in Virginia, (border of NC). If you belong to AAA or some other auto club, they have maps and books of different hotels listed. Try to stay right off of 95; look at a map of NC, and pick a larger city. There are plenty of hotels right off of 95. Good luck!:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We also stop in Hardeeville, SC...We like to go as far as we can the first day so we can have a very short distance the next! :)

Have fun! :)

I'm not sure of the state - South Carolina maybe? - but we drove down 95 & stayed at a hotel at "South of the Border". Yes, we followed those tacky billboards all the way down. That was some years ago, does anyone know if it's still there? I still have my T-shirt:D
Good luck w/your trip!!!

I'd be curious about South of the Border too. We used to stop off there and stayed there once when I was a kid on our trips to Florida from NY. It was a lot of fun, but that was a long time ago.

We had our breif stop at South of the Border in November last year! We have never stayed there over night so I can't help you with hotels,but we did see one when we were there. We are driving down again 3 weeks from today, and my sister has already said she can't wait to see Padro! It is tacky, but we love stoping there.

South of the Border is still there, we like to stop there, rooms are comparable in price and a wide range of prices.From Buffalo, NY, i'm not sure you would go thru it though, depends on what route you take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter