• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving to WDW with a rental

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
In the past I've read several accounts of people who drove to WDW using a rental vehicle. It seems to me that the mileage costs would be prohibitive, at least from NY state where I live. Is it possible to get a good deal? Thanks.

Lori

Lori,

In 1998 we rented a mini van from Avis for 10 days. It came with unlimited mileage. However, the cost of the van, gas, food, and 1 nights lodging on the way home (drove straight thru down there), was more than the cost for airline tickets for the 4 of us!!

Needless to say, we have been flying since then. If you need a smaller car, then the cost won't be so prohibitive.:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We rented an SUV on fourth of july week and drove to florida from Philadelphia. It was unlimited mileage and I believe the cost was 400.00 to rent for 7 days. Gas was only 70.00 each way.

We always rent a car from Enterprise when we drive down..unlimited mileage. It's just Mrs. Uncleromulus and me, but the more folks who drive in a vehicle, the more you'll save in airfares.
Plus--you have a car at WDW, so you also save on the car rental costs there.

Thanks for the feedback. Our next trip to WDW is not "supposed" to be until 2005, but I don't think we can go that long without a fix! Money will be the biggest factor in our ability to go this summer, so I would drive if it saves a serious amount of cash. However, it's just myself and 2 kids, and my old beast of a car is unlikely to survive the trip. Chances are, air travel will be cheaper - and much more enjoyable than being the only driver.

Hehe, even if we can't go this year, it feels good to be analyzing and planning again! Thanks again for your help.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter