Driving

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
We are contemplating another trip to WDW, and since money is tight we talked about driving. Has anyone ever drove from Toronto? Appoximatley how much did it cost you? (We have a Rav4...which is pretty good on gas) How many times did you find yourself filling up your gastank? Is there a lot of places to stop along the way? Is there tolls? Where is a good place to stop and spend the night? Sorry so many questions! Did you hate the drive back home?
Thanks in advance.
twinz

We haven't driven from TO, but from Chatham. We filled to car before we left, then twice more on the way, once while we were there and twice again on the way back. We drive a Windstar. There are tons of places to stop along the way, and most of the rest stops are pretty decent. We usually stop every 3 hours for either a bathroom break or meal. Usually we just get fast food for two meals and stop for supper at Crackerbarrel. Get yourself a copy of Along I-75 by Dave Hunter. It is invaluable. They are usually for sale at CAA if you can't find it in a book store. I really don't mind driving. We usually drive straight through and it is between 20 1/2 to 22 hours depending on traffic and weather conditions from here.

I love driving. PoohBWV has given you very good advice. We don't drive straight through anymore, but do most of our driving on the first day (14 to 16 hours). It seems better to have the second day's drive a bit shorter. We usually fill the car with lots of bottled water, drinks, sandwiches, snacks, etc. We leave around 4 am and only stop for gas and then have a good dinner after we check into a hotel for the night. (Cracker Barrel is our tradition, too).
Last year we drove a Chevy Venture and it cost us about $150 U.S. for the entire trip. I've heard that the Venture gets better mileage than the Windstar or Caravan. Not sure how it compares to your vehicle.
You can take I-75 from Windsor, or cross at Fort Erie and take the I-77/79/95 route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter