drivjng down talk us into it.

This is why we are looking to get a small camper to "upgrade" our popup. I don't want to find hotels on the way (20 hour drive for us with kids) and park the pup outside, but we also don't want to stop at campsites and set up overnight either.

If we end up towing the pup, we are going to try and make the trip with only one overnighter each way, researching hotels ahead of time to find a nice one but also driving as far as we possibly can the first day.

If we do get a camper, we will staying at Cracker Barrel or Walmart overnight ha.

I know it's not for everyone, but I always like to toss it out there... for us, it's 1,200 miles from Buffalo. It's 20 hours with the bare minimum of stops. My wife and I both like driving straight through the best. We leave around 6 at night. That way, the kids have a few hours in the car before they fall asleep, and it's usually before they would get bored and restless. Then, our kids sleep pretty much straight through until morning, and that's 12-14 hours into the drive already. I think we wake them at the middle of the night gas stop to see if anyone needs to go to the bathroom. We've done it when the kids were 4 and 2, 8/6/2, and 10/8/4 without incident. YMMV, but it's worth thinking about. There's no hotel money and you spend fewer vacation days traveling.

We leave from NE Pa (Easton area) and we are in the “do-it-in-1-day” club. It’s about 16-18 hrs with all stops. Not fun, but possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter