Drop on Gringotts? Compare to something disney?

Very mild drop - kind of a big story and situation build up (the "hover" others mention) but it is not much of a drop at all.

I'm also a wimp when it comes to coasters, but I love Gringotts! When the rest of the group went on Rip Ride Rocket (which I will not ride), I did Gringotts a second time. The drop is not an issue at all!

Forbidden Journey still rules as the best ride at Universal Orlando or WDW in my opinion:)
It's my father's all time favorite theme park ride, too! I've never read a Harry Potter book or seen a Harry Potter movie, but I dig the ride, too!

I was disappointed with Gringotts. As the car went up and held, I thought, yes, this is going to be awesome. We went down and then...boring. We rode FJ first so maybe that was the issue? The cue for Gringotts was amazing, but that's about it for us. Really disappointed in that ride.

I am a super wimp and I like Gringotts. I have ridden it 7 times in the last 2 days. I do not row 6 though, it makes the drop seem scarier. Ask for the first car - row 1, 2, or 3.

I am getting prone to motion sickness in my old age and FJ is hard for me. I can do it once for my DD, but i feel nauseous for awhile afterward. It’s the screen that gets me, not as much the motion. I can make it through if I close my eyes. It’s is a thrilling ride, and I enjoy it as much as one can while getting uncomfortable nauseous. But lots of people get off feeling queasy. We are here now and I let the attendant help me step off the moving platform today. It was a low moment, but I have a bum knee and the nausea was making me a teensy bit woozy.

My DD and I are big Potter fans (to the extent that if there is more to Universal, I don’t really know what it is, lol). I am glad I rode FJ, but I could easily never do it again. I love Gringotts though, the ride is very smooth and the drop isn’t very scary. I don’t do real rollercoasters.

If you don’t do the rides, do go through the line anyway, particularly FJ, the castle is really cool inside.

I'd say the drop is fairly comparable to 7 Dwarves Mine train's drop. It's really not very big

I'm a ride wimp. Went on this today. Drop was definitely noticeable but really no big deal at all. One of the "twists" bothered me a little more (kind of tweaked my back) but really it was fine. I got all nervous over nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter