DTD - never been ??

Alysmom

Earning My Ears
I've never been to Downtown Disney. Is there a spot where you can see the fireworks? We are spending next Sunday in the park and are driving up from San Diego Saturday late afternoon. We booked a room at HoJo's for the night so we can be at the park for opening. Any recommendations of how we should spend our time in DTD Saturday night would be most welcome. We are 2 adults, 3 kids (boy 13, girls 9). THANKS A BUNCH!

You can see some of the fireworks from many spots in Downtown Disney. I think somewhere near the pizza place (Napoli?? I think) or from the area in between DL and California Adventure.

There is a Club Libby Lu that young girls just love, but your boy wouldn't. Maybe split the family up and have a girls/guys night? The guys could go to ESPNZone and watch whatever sports are on that night. The girls could get all dressed up at Club Libby Lu.

Other options include dinner at Rainforest Cafe, a great fun family place. There's an AMC movie theatre. Or a Build A Bear factory. Kids like the Lego shop too. There's always a lot of live music on the weekends too.

Alysmom said:
I've never been to Downtown Disney. Is there a spot where you can see the fireworks? We are spending next Sunday in the park and are driving up from San Diego Saturday late afternoon. We booked a room at HoJo's for the night so we can be at the park for opening. Any recommendations of how we should spend our time in DTD Saturday night would be most welcome. We are 2 adults, 3 kids (boy 13, girls 9). THANKS A BUNCH!

From outside the parks (and in the Downtown Disney area), the best place to see the fireworks is near the CALIFORNIA letters in front of DCA.
Although the Remember... fireworks music is not played and Esplanade/Entry Plaza music loop isn't turned off or turned down during Remember.

The Fireworks view from the pool/jacuzzi area at HoJo's is also quite nice and is recommended if you are still around the hotel at 9:25pm

Spending time in Downtown Disney on a Saturday night. There will be many live acts scheduled of many different styles. Usually there are a New Age violinist, a very talented blues guitar soloist, Alturas (a wonderful Brazilian world music band), some nights a ska band, the bird act out in front of the Rainforest Cafe and a few other randomly places acts and musicians from time to time all up and down Downtown Disney and at various times thruout the evening.
Build a Bear, HoiPolloi, Island Charters, the LEGO Imagination Store, Department 56 and many other Downtown Disney stores are fun to explore and browse, different stores and outdoor vendors for many tastes and ages.. as well as any of the 3 hotels and their fun grounds, shops and restaurants to explore. The waterfalls and wonderful Neverland pool area and all of the fun and rarely seen Character Cut-out's photo locations all around the Disneyland Hotel grounds, the wonderful little relaxing wilderness feeling inside and outside of the Grand Californian and the fireplaces inside and out to relax by.. with a large grassy lawn for the kids to relax or unwind a little on, the arcades and Safari RC boats at the Disneyland and Paradise Pier Hotels and sometimes Grand Californian fireside or Disneyland Hotel lobby 'themed Cast Member storytelling' for the kids, of all ages. :teeth:

Thank you so much! You've been so helpful! I see there is a lot to choose from! Another question: How about the distance from hotel to hotel? For example, Say from the big California letters in between parks, can you walk to the Disney hotels?

EVERYTHING is walkable.You can walk from the HoJo, through the entrance area to the parks, through Downtown Disney all the way to the DL Hotel in 15 minutes, but that's without browsing in the stores.

Alysmom said:
Thank you so much! You've been so helpful! I see there is a lot to choose from! Another question: How about the distance from hotel to hotel? For example, Say from the big California letters in between parks, can you walk to the Disney hotels?

From the California letters to the side entrance to the Grand Californian (kinda hidden between Sephora and Libby Lu along the south side of Downtown Disney) is about a 3-5 minute walk, from the California letters to the Disneyland Hotel (right past the EspnZONE) is about a 7-9 minute walk and if you make a left at the Disneyland Hotel (and head south) and the Paradise Pier Hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the California letters out in front of DCA. Depending on crowds, walking speed, motivation...

Have fun!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter