DVC Annual Pass Renewal Question

trishie30

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me how long after a DVC annual pass expires you can still renew? I thought it was 60 days but now that I'm looking I think it may be only 30 days. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

if you renew early does it move your date of use? Does that make sense? Our expiration is April 12th, if we renew earlier does if affect the start of the 365?

if you renew early does it move your date of use? Does that make sense? Our expiration is April 12th, if we renew earlier does if affect the start of the 365?
When you renew, the year of expiration is increased by one. The expiration month and day remain unchanged.

No, renewals are always tied to the end date of the previous annual pass. The 60 days is there for people like me, whose current pass expires just prior to their next scheduled trip, and they need to renew at 60 days out so they can book fastpasses.

You can't book fastpasses without a pass that will be valid during the trip.

For instance, my current pass expires May 31, my next trip begins June 3, so without the renewal on file, I couldn't book fastpasses. My renewal will be valid through May 31, 2021.

thanks so even if we renew early, the next years AP will expire one day later than the year prior? Think I got it!

No. It will expire on the exact same day - just a year later. If you renew a pass that expired on Jan 5th, 2020, the renewal will expire on Jan 5th, 2021. Only the year changes.

Steve

Does anyone know how much a dvc gold pass renewal is right now?

Yes, unless something has changed, you are allowed to upgrade or downgrade to other types of annual passes for the renewal price.

When I renew my platinum pass will I still get the DVC discount plus the 15% or is the 15% what I get?

There is a renewal price for platinum, but I do not know what it is. Call member services. All renewals with DVC passes have to be done by calling Member Services, they can not be renewed online.

So if I want to keep it platinum I have to buy a new one?

I’ve confused myself
There is a renewal price for platinum, but I do not know what it is. Call member services. All renewals with DVC passes have to be done by calling Member Services, they can not be renewed online.
Here is the current site of the costs:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/
Also note any AP level qualifies you for the renewal price at any AP level (upgrade, downgrade, or remain the same). Also ignore the Blackout Dates for the Gold Pass these are incorrect and DVC still hasn't corrected. Go to the WDW site for the true blackouts.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/platinum-plus-annual-pass/

This does seem to be flexible if done in person. When we got my wife her DVC gold pass this last December, they gave us the renewal price even though her previous platinum AP expired in September. I was a little surprised when we used her tickets to cover part of the cost ($515 or so) and then it was less than a hundred for the upgrade. I wasn't going to complain at that point.

I can't say if this would work over the phone or not but it did in person at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter