dvc any disadvantages?

I can certainly see why it would not be an advantage for Johnny as I know Johnny's wife is a teacher and would have to pay extremely expensive flights during the high season. There never seem to be special offers on direct flights to Orlando during the school holidays. Whereas there often seems to be special offers on hotel and dining etc.

Unfortunately for me my DH, Mark is totally fed up with Disney and I am exremely pleased we purchased DVC (520 points which we are currently renting out) as I feel sure we will just have to visit again some time. If I did not have this fall back position I think I would go insane. However it definately is not good value during the school holidays. Luckily for us my dd is 15 and we do not have that long to wait for cheaper flights. To add to our complications we have bought a holiday home in Spain so we are keen to visit every school holiday we can until the novelty has worn off!

That said the happiness I felt when we purchased DVC membership was unreal and four years and an add on later I still feel the same way. We have used our points for our WDW trips with just our family and our friends' families too, holidays to Disneyland Paris, the Disney Cruise line and would you believe it a February half term trip to Devon!! The only other downside is the annual dues. Luckily I prepaid these for a few years in July when I got $2 to the £.

I can't think of any other disadvantages as previously said if you get fed up or unable to visit one year you can always rent out your points.

Susan

Hi Susan,

As usual you talk a lot of sense. ;)

DVC wouldn't work for us for so many reasons, irrespective of my minor gripe about the room on our only stay so far.

As you say we are restricted to the more expensive times of the year, Joshua ideally prefers a private villa and with his special needs we cannot really see him going later on in life so it's not like a purchase would be a lifetime thing for us.

As ever though we all have our own different circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter