DVC member event - chef demonstration

We had booked this for our trip in May, however the morning of we got a call saying we were the only ones registered so it was being cancelled.

We had booked this for our trip in May, however the morning of we got a call saying we were the only ones registered so it was being cancelled.

Wait. Did you say your trip is not until May 2019??? And they have already cancelled because you were the only ones registered??? Sounds to me like they are just doing away with that option. I'm kinda bummed as it looked like a fun activity for us for our visit next Feb. :sad2:

We did this on our trip in 2016. There were around 12 people in the demo. The pastry chef was very interesting and provided tips/techniques on how to make macarons...not that I've tried to make them. So much easier to buy them! At the end of the demo, we each got a macaron to sample.

We did this on our trip in 2016. There were around 12 people in the demo. The pastry chef was very interesting and provided tips/techniques on how to make macarons...not that I've tried to make them. So much easier to buy them! At the end of the demo, we each got a macaron to sample.

Nice!! :flower2: As for macarons, we had a guest chef come and demonstrate making them at a company I worked for, and though I am a pretty accomplished baker, I thought, "NO way am I trying THAT!". o_O :rotfl2:

I had a mistake...cooking booked for a September visit.

We are a group of 6 and have booked it for September. I hope it takes place! The previous time, February of 2017, it was full so we could not participate.

Last edited:
We are a group of 6 and have booked it for December. I hope it takes place! The previous time, February of 2017, it was full so we could not participate.

Wow bobbiwoz, I didn't know you could book that kind of even this far in advance! I should check on February for us then. Thanks! :thanks:

We did the chef demonstration at Aulani in April 2018. We learned how to make macarons and we ate lots of macarons. We got a recipe card as we left. My wife actually made some macarons following the recipe they taught us. She also made some coconut pudding the chef showed us how to make. $15/person. Call in advance 808-674-6200 to reserve Chef Demonstration at Makahiki held on 2pm Thursdays.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!