DVC member Halloween party event?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Trying to find some info on this, but a search isn't bringing anything up for me.

We'll be in WDW on Halloween next year, so I was thinking if this event runs again it might be fun?

Did anyone go this year?
How quickly did tickets sell out?

Hi, Meryll! Just a guess here, but these special holiday meals have been priced high enough that they haven't seen the crazy demand that the free events have seen. I tried to talk my family into the first Thanksgiving one, but they said it was too spendy. And I'd think Halloween would have less draw than Thanksgiving and Christmas, since on those holidays, the parks are packed and people are willing to leave for a nice meal. I'd think Halloween, more people would want to do MNSSHP.

Just my 2p.

Don't think this one involved a meal so I seem to recall it being reasonably priced - I could be wrong though...

We've done MNSSHP a couple of times now and MHP at Disneyland this year, so something different actually appeals to me, haha!

Don't think this one involved a meal so I seem to recall it being reasonably priced - I could be wrong though...
Ah, so my guess is worth what you paid for it. Anybody else have first-hand experience?

We went last year but I think it was similar to this year. For the price it was a nice event - characters, face painting (don't know if they had that this year), little dance party and treats. With pricing of other events these days it was a relative bargain. We were at BLT and the resort itself had a nice free halloween event - pictures, cookie decorating and some games. Not all resorts hold such events though and I think CR/BLT was one of the best from what I saw on the resort events calendar.

This years event while ok was not nearly as good as the party last year. There were no games for the little ones like last year. There was still a dj playing songs, desserts, pics with jack skellington and face painting. Still ok for $20 but to me last year(which was the first year) was way better fun wise. I would still go if i was in the area but its not a goto event like mnsshp. But it is also not that expensive either.

Was Jack the only character meet and greet opportunity?

Not a cheaper alternative, but we went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness on Halloween evening. It was Halloween themed, characters in costumes. Very interactive, the characters dance and play with the kids (and adults) on the dance floor and walking around the venue. Live country-ish music, and many of the songs this night are Halloween in nature.

It was easy for us, as we were staying at the Fort in a cabin, but even for other guests it is an interesting alternative to a crowded sold out MNSSHP. The amount of fun the kids had was way above sitting at a character meal and having the characters visit briefly at each table.

I was interested in the DVC party, but never saw the sign up for it until after it was sold out.

PS renting a golf cart and driving around the Fort during the week or so before Halloween is also very fun! The decorated sites are amazing.

Does anyone know when this goes on sale for this year? Or when it did last year?

We've done MNSSHP a couple of times now and MHP at Disneyland this year, so something different actually appeals to me, haha!
I agree it was not priced high.

Looks like this was released in August last year, so keeping an eye out now...

I saw an announcement today (on a website that it won't let me post). Here's what it says....

Disneyland Resort Party
A Haunted Mansion-themed party at Disneyland will be held on October 31 from 3-5 PM in the Sequoia Ballroom at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.

Walt Disney World Resort Parties
Two pirate-themed parties will be held at Walt Disney World Resort on October 31 from 3-5 PM and 7-9 PM in the Ballroom of the America’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Guests will also get to enjoy an opportunity to meet a Walt Disney World Ambassador and a pirate-themed selfie station.

Details
Reservations are required and will become available through Member Services on August 31. The cost is $25 per person. Costume Guidelines will be enforced.

Anyone else on the phone right now waiting for them to add it to the system? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!