DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

Today I called MS to try to arrange dinner seating with two couples we have sailed with in the past. We are now listed as “traveling together “ and it should work out.

If you know people going and wish to sit together, this is what to do:

To add this request to your reservation, please call Member Services and
speak to one of our Cruise Advisors. They will need the names of the
other Guests and their confirmation numbers to add this request to your
reservations. Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM –
9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning
(800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800.

Bobbi:boat:

One group for the Halls from Nj please.

FE Notification Question

To all FE participants:

We are now at 15 cabins for the DIS FE group. I was thinking that we would split into multiple groups at 16. Before we do this, could you let me know if you would want to be in multiple groups (I have heard from a couple of you on this already).

Basically, if you are in multiple groups, you would exchange with all members of the groups you are in. However, if there are others in both groups, you would only still need to exchange with them once. If you are only in a single group, you would just exchange with those in that group.

Last, what to call the groups? I like to use fun names for the groups, so I am open to suggestions. For our SWDAS cruise last year, we had a "Hoth" and a "Tatooine" group. I was thinking that for this cruise, since it's a DVC member cruise, we could use some of the properties or terms specific to the DVC program. I was thinking for 2 groups, we could use something like Shadow (after the HHI mascot) and Sea Turtle (after VB) groups. (Disclaimer: I know these may not be the best, so I am open to ideas if you want to name the groups!)

Still asking for names!
Local Candy/Snack exchange interest.
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe
dfwshw

Quick update -- our waitlist came through so we're moving to statetoom 6596. The reviews on this stateroom were much better than for our previous one, so I'm excited! I wanted midship because my son and I are both prone to seasickness and no noise because he's a terrible sleeper. The better he sleeps the better I will sleep, so it was worth moving!

100 is a good number, especially considering what we started with!!:boat:

Last edited:
OK. I'll get working on splitting the groups in two. I am going to think on group names tonight...

For the record, we would want to be in both groups...
Please add us to BOTH FE groups! I think I got a bit over-excited about our first Member Disney cruise and I have done lots of shopping and a good bit of crafting, so we have plenty of goodies for 2 groups. Lindy

Please add us to BOTH FE groups! I think I got a bit over-excited about our first Member Disney cruise and I have done lots of shopping and a good bit of crafting, so we have plenty of goodies for 2 groups. Lindy
You are added to both groups.

FYI, looking at the groups now that I have made that adjustment, we'll add the next person to TEAM PIRATE...

I'm sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong place, but I noticed a few people here have done another MCs:boat: on here. Can you share or comment on any member specific activities/events/etc? I realize that all cruises are different and would never hold you to anything. But I'm just looking for more information to help plan (because I'm a planner!). In about a week I can book activities/adult dining and it would be so helpful to have more information so I don't book things when other things may be going on.

Day 1 - Port Canaveral - Sail-Away Celebration Anything else happening or just a normal type of cruise day 1
Day 2 - Disney Castaway Cay Will they do the 5K? Will they do it both CC days? I think I read they plan stuff for on CC as well. Is that on CC specifically or back on the boat?
Day 3 - At sea So my assumption is that this will be a day where there could be a lot of DVC events
Day 4 - Disney Castaway Cay 5K again?
Day 5 - Sadness

Is there a pirate night?
I think I saw someone mention the possibility of a formal (or semi-formal) night?

Do you get more information in advance or is it only once you board you get a sense of the activities and their plans?
I understand movies and shows are a big part of this cruise. So we like doing Palo and Remy? So I need to sort of plan around getting to a show after.

Any thoughts or speculations would be greatly appreciated.
And of course I'm overly excited about doing my first MC.
:thanks:

Anything is speculation...DVC has not been forthcoming BEFORE these DVC Member cruises, plus last year it was a 7 night cruise, and the year before it was 4 nights out of NYC. So it was in 2015 that the last double dip at CC took place. In that year they DID HAVE 2 Castaway Cay 5 Ks for 10+ ages.

On Embarkation Navigator they mention that the special entertainment lineup is revealed during the Deck Party at 4:30. There WERE some DVC special presentations beginning that night. One thing I notice was the Comedy of Maryellen Hooper at 11PM.

There WAS a Pirate Night. It was on Tuesday, and fireworks were at 10:30. I do not see any DVC events scheduled ON CC. However, on board there were DVC programs. For instance, but not alone was “ Lorelay Bové & Stacia Martin: Artists at Work.” Likewise, on Thursday there were also presentations during the CC day.

There was an optional Dress Up day on Wednesday, day at sea.

The only time I ever remember have activities on CC was on a special 3 night MC, it was in January 2013. We decorated our own Vynalmations. Cute momento.
327275A6-C1CF-4804-999A-5A3FDCD0273B.jpeg 7BF1C585-AA48-485F-BA7E-62C97C871CED.jpeg

Still asking for names!
Local Candy/Snack exchange interest.
We Have 11.....I will automatically divide once we hit 12....people can do both groups. Do not want to be too much for anybody.

maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe
dfwshw

:boat:

Anything is speculation...DVC has not been forthcoming BEFORE these DVC Member cruises, plus last year it was a 7 night cruise, and the year before it was 4 nights out of NYC. So it was in 2015 that the last double dip at CC took place. In that year they DID HAVE 2 Castaway Cay 5 Ks for 10+ ages.

On Embarkation Navigator they mention that the special entertainment lineup is revealed during the Deck Party at 4:30. There WERE some DVC special presentations beginning that night. One thing I notice was the Comedy of Maryellen Hooper at 11PM.

There WAS a Pirate Night. It was on Tuesday, and fireworks were at 10:30. I do not see any DVC events scheduled ON CC. However, on board there were DVC programs. For instance, but not alone was “ Lorelay Bové & Stacia Martin: Artists at Work.” Likewise, on Thursday there were also presentations during the CC day.

There was an optional Dress Up day on Wednesday, day at sea.

The only time I ever remember have activities on CC was on a special 3 night MC, it was in January 2013. We decorated our own Vynalmations. Cute momento.
View attachment 317093 View attachment 317094

Thank you for providing some insight! I think my overall excitement and need to plan are getting to me! So anything helps me!!! Cute vinylmation!

Thank you for providing some insight! I think my overall excitement and need to plan are getting to me! So anything helps me!!! Cute vinylmation!
I was wondering the same things, also how much luggage do we need to bring for all the treasure's home ?

I was wondering the same things, also how much luggage do we need to bring for all the treasure's home ?
You usually do get something to help with the extras. Last year it was a back pack. You could leave 1/2 suitcase empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!