DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

i just got off the Dream this morning. We used the airport transfers to cruise and all went well.

Beauty and the Beast is great. I also enjoyed Believe and The Golden Mickeys. I have seem those two many times before, Beauty and the Beast I have seen once before.

It was a small Local Candy/Snack Exchange this time, but a standout gift was a 3 can assortment of Blue Diamond almonds from California! Another was a bag of chocolates, one bar in particular in the shape of Oklahoma, from a company present owned by Chickasaw Nation.

Still asking for interest in this Local Candy/Snack Exchange!

Last edited:
@bobbiwoz and @tidefan if there are just a few of us interested in the snack/candy exchange and FE will we still have them? I don’t mind a small group. Looking forward to putting together some fun items for both.

@bobbiwoz and @tidefan if there are just a few of us interested in the snack/candy exchange and FE will we still have them? I don’t mind a small group. Looking forward to putting together some fun items for both.

We just had one with just 4 participants. It will be a “go!” Glad you want to participate.:)

Sad note. One of the 4 participants did not get mine and my room mates offering on the cruise I just got off. Apparently someone did the opposite of Pixie Dust. I will be sending a replacement as soon as I get the address.

Happy to report that the family who thought they did not receive Patricia’s and my Candy Exchange gifts found them! They were mixed in with other Fish Extender gifts. When I mentioned what we gave, they recognized those gifts.

So, another happy exchange!

Hi tidefan! Just joined disboards but have followed for a while. My parents and I will be on the 2018 Member Cruise and would love to join the regular FE group if we still can. If we can still join, should I PM the requested info or post it here? Also, when will the cut-off date be decided so we know how many people we're making/shopping for? Thanks in advance!

Hi tidefan! Just joined disboards but have followed for a while. My parents and I will be on the 2018 Member Cruise and would love to join the regular FE group if we still can. If we can still join, should I PM the requested info or post it here? Also, when will the cut-off date be decided so we know how many people we're making/shopping for? Thanks in advance!
:welcome:

You can post it here or send me a PM. I don't think that we have established a cutoff date. On most cruises I've been on, we've done them at Final Payment date if folks want to do it that way (or, since we've already paid, the day that we can log in to online check in...).

You can post it here or send me a PM. I don't think that we have established a cutoff date. On most cruises I've been on, we've done them at Final Payment date if folks want to do it that way (or, since we've already paid, the day that we can log in to online check in...).
Great! I'll PM you our info. Your suggestion for the possible cut-off date sounds good. Just wanted to make sure there would be enough time if we decided to make something. We've always thought about doing the FE exchange but inevitably decided too late. If I'm over-compensating, sorry about that. :) Have a good weekend!

Hi tidefan!I just found this post; please ignore my first message asking how to join. Here are the details for us

Disboard name tsignet
Cabin 8676
Party: Tara, female, 42, favorite character Mickey
Fran, female, 65, favorite character Pluto
Cassie, female, 15, favorite character Goofy
Paul, male, 13, favorite character Stitch

We’re from the DC area. No allergies!

So excited. First member cruise and FE exchange. Thanks for doing this.

I’m new to the member cruise.

Do you have any questions?

We are thinking of a meet at BLT the night before to see fireworks and socialize. Will you be at WDW then?

This is probably my 6th Members Cruise, I very much enjoy the special presentations and entertainment!

The package we were looking at was not connected to Disney at all, They would pick us up, spend the night in a hotel, transfer to ship, transfer back to hotel after cruise
Oh, I have no experience with that! Maybe someone else does!

:boat:

Bumping up!

Who wants to share your favorite local candy or snack? It’s fun to go back to your cabin and see what surprise there is in your Fish Extender!!

Local Candy/Snack exchange interest.
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter