DVC Plat Annual Pass

conandrob240

DIS Veteran
bought 4 of these last year when they were 25% off. Haven’t activated them yet. We were planning to do a New year’s trip but that may fall through. These are the ones that must be activated by 12/31/18.what if we are not there to physically activate them before 12/31? Can e just do it on line?

I don't think you can activate them online. However, after 12/31/2018 the pass doesn't loose its value. You can exchange them for the value you paid them to buy a Gold AP, which is about the same price if I remember correctly. You loose the water parks access and some blockout dates, but at least you won't loose $2400+!

They can activate them over the phone, they just don’t like to do so.

It may take a few calls. Try getting to the main WDW line for pass issues, and make your case.

I’ve gotten mine activated over the phone before.

Great! Thank you! I will ask for guest services if it comes to it. If it’s 2 adults and 2 kids, can the adults activate the kids passes if not there? This may turn out to be an adult only trip. Or do they have to swipe through into a park?

Great! Thank you! I will ask for guest services if it comes to it. If it’s 2 adults and 2 kids, can the adults activate the kids passes if not there? This may turn out to be an adult only trip. Or do they have to swipe through into a park?
Did you get an answer to this? We are in a similar situation. We were planning a fall trip but kept putting off reservations due to family issues. Now we are no availability for the times we can go. We never used to have trouble booking a couple months in advance for places like SSR but the past two years it has been so hard! We may just have a couple people in our family go down and activate the passes if needed.

Yes I have done this before.

The reason for being so hard to get DVC even at SSR now is because they keep selling DVC points on resorts that don’t have regular rooms except expensive Cabin and tiny Studio. Yes I am talking about Polynesian and Copper Creek. So now these buyers cannot afford their home resort of cabin rates. They all use 1 or 2 bedroom in SSR and other things instead.

A
The reason for being so hard to get DVC even at SSR now is because they keep selling DVC points on resorts that don’t have regular rooms except expensive Cabin and tiny Studio. Yes I am talking about Polynesian and Copper Creek. So now these buyers cannot afford their home resort of cabin rates. They all use 1 or 2 bedroom in SSR and other things instead.

According to the RAT for the next 60 days SSR appears to be the only WDW resort with openings mostly with 2 and 3 bedrooms and a couple days of THV. So the Cabins and Bungalows are all booked. I think the ability to rent out unused points has decreased availability more than the Cabins. It’s just so easy to do these days.

CCV also has 1- and 2-bedroom villas as well as Grand Villas. Poly is the only DVC that's restricted to studios and bungalows.

CCV also has 1- and 2-bedroom villas as well as Grand Villas. Poly is the only DVC that's restricted to studios and bungalows.

And the point requirements match up to BRV - before point creep got so bad. With SSR getting a standard view category that is still more appealing point wise but preferred view and CCV are almost equal. I also think the Cabins are proving to be more popular than the PVB Bungalows but just a perception vs anything I've really investigated. So I would not agree that CCV is adding to pulls on the system. I've posted other reasons I attribute to the 7 month window a few times - and 2 months? That I saw was a lucky happenstance for many years and that it's virtually gone is just a maturity of the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!