DVC Point Rental Primer

Wow this is a whole lot of information to take in. Thank you for all the tips on what to look for and be Leary of. I guess as a renter or rentee there can be risks. Sad there are so many dishonest people in the world.

I've been to WDW once with the family and it was amazing. We bought through an agency and got a good deal staying in a 2 bedroom villa at SSR. I'm now looking into renting points for our next WDW vacation. However I don't know how many points I would need for what resort so I don't know which rental advert to reply to. We don't mind which resort. It might be good to try a different one although SSR was fantastic.

Is there a board that lists how many points are needed per night for a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom accommodation /suite?

I've been to WDW once with the family and it was amazing. We bought through an agency and got a good deal staying in a 2 bedroom villa at SSR. I'm now looking into renting points for our next WDW vacation. However I don't know how many points I would need for what resort so I don't know which rental advert to reply to. We don't mind which resort. It might be good to try a different one although SSR was fantastic.

Is there a board that lists how many points are needed per night for a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom accommodation /suite?
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml
There is a points calculator which does the math for you :) I'll find a link and add it @LydiaRodarte-Quayle :)
https://www.dvcrequest.com/cost-calculator.asp

Last edited:

Wonderful, thank you both. Looks like I'll need 372 points for a week at Animal Kingdom 2 bedroom savanna view on early April. Plus 50 points of we want 8 nights. I rarely see that many points up for rent but I'll keep looking.
Thanks again!

Wonderful, thank you both. Looks like I'll need 372 points for a week at Animal Kingdom 2 bedroom savanna view on early April. Plus 50 points of we want 8 nights. I rarely see that many points up for rent but I'll keep looking.
Thanks again!

For that time of the year there's a very good chance that Kidani will still have 2BR savanna views available at 7 months so then it will open up the options of people to rent from as anyone could book there. Good luck!

For that time of the year there's a very good chance that Kidani will still have 2BR savanna views available at 7 months so then it will open up the options of people to rent from as anyone could book there. Good luck!
Thank you. I just realised that that time falls outside of the free dining offer so we'll go in February instead. I hope the weather is still warm enough then!

Thank you. I just realised that that time falls outside of the free dining offer so we'll go in February instead. I hope the weather is still warm enough then!

FYI - You cannot get free dining with a DVC points rental. You can add the dining plan but it is never included for free on a points booking.

@LydiaRodarte-Quayle here's a screenshot of year round averages. We've been in winter months the past 2 years and it suits us down to the ground, not too hot, not too cold :)

Attachments

• feb weather in wdw.PNG
    feb weather in wdw.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 12
FYI - You cannot get free dining with a DVC points rental. You can add the dining plan but it is never included for free on a points booking.
Oh my gosh!!
That's blown my plans out of the water! :-(
Question please. Last time we went, the (free) dining plan provided more food than we needed. If purchasing a dining plan ourselves, can we opt to only get it for some of our party to keep costs down?

@LydiaRodarte-Quayle here's a screenshot of year round averages. We've been in winter months the past 2 years and it suits us down to the ground, not too hot, not too cold :)
This is very helpful, thank you. I've saved a screenshot. Feb is not too cold after all. Almost, but it's OK. Might be really good, actually, if it's relatively dry. It's the rain that really messes plans up!

Oh my gosh!!
That's blown my plans out of the water! :-(
Question please. Last time we went, the (free) dining plan provided more food than we needed. If purchasing a dining plan ourselves, can we opt to only get it for some of our party to keep costs down?
No, it's all or none. The only way to get the free dining plan with DVC villas is to book directly with Disney for cash and not rent points from a member.

I really want to rent points, and I have read these great posts (THANK YOU !!!)...still a bit nervous and confused. I am really wanting to get away with my husband the beginning of September for 10 days. He loves Animal Kingdom Lodge, we stayed there years ago, or maybe the Boardwalk Villas...I looked that the chart on DVS and I think I understand it, but....all I really know is that we need to get away- just lost my mother in law, family stress etc and where else to be a footloose, fun kid again than Disneyworld? Thanks!!!!

I really want to rent points, and I have read these great posts (THANK YOU !!!)...still a bit nervous and confused. I am really wanting to get away with my husband the beginning of September for 10 days. He loves Animal Kingdom Lodge, we stayed there years ago, or maybe the Boardwalk Villas...I looked that the chart on DVS and I think I understand it, but....all I really know is that we need to get away- just lost my mother in law, family stress etc and where else to be a footloose, fun kid again than Disneyworld? Thanks!!!!
My sympathies for your loss. I completely understand the need to escape .

As far as renting points for this fall, I recommend going thru a broker for first time renters. And TBH, you are very late in seeking a rental for this year. There are no studios available for 10 consecutive nights during September anywhere. If you want a 1BR villa, you have a better chance of success.

thanks for the input everyone. Good tips throughout to shape a win /win situation for each rental agreement. I have been a DVC Member for 10+ years. A few times over the years this board would have been very helpful if I would have found it earlier. Kinda feels like the good sense of community we all get when talking with other members in the pools during resort stays.

Question- when renting points, what is best way to purchase park tickets? (Now with need to reserve parks, any issues with buying tickets- are they readily available?)

Question- when renting points, what is best way to purchase park tickets? (Now with need to reserve parks, any issues with buying tickets- are they readily available?)

However you normally do. The DVC reservation shows up in the Disney Parks site where you also will tie your tickets in.

However you normally do. The DVC reservation shows up in the Disney Parks site where you also will tie your tickets in.
I usually would buy them from Disney as part of a resort package. I wasn't sure with the new reservation system if I can buy just tickets from them & link them to the DVC?

I usually would buy them from Disney as part of a resort package. I wasn't sure with the new reservation system if I can buy just tickets from them & link them to the DVC?
You would link your DVC reservation to your MDE account and also link your ticket to that same account. Doesn't matter where you buy your ticket (Disney or authorized ticket seller). Everything links to MDE just like a package's components do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!