DVC Receives Timeshare License for Riviera

Not so sure about that. According to dvcnews, CCV is selling a lot, and 66% of declared, which means only 33% left to declare. (Well, give or take 3-5%).
They have to declare 3% to leave open..So, I don't think it is going to be September, 2019...
I think CCV will sell out in Spring, 2019. Don't think DVC would go from Spring 2019 to Fall 2019 with nothing at WDW to sell... Just my .02 cents..
or they might start ROFRing everything they can get their hands on?

that pool at Riviera looks small, is there only 1 pool?

A second larger pool became visible this month, really hoping to see some new aerials soon for any changes.

Yes I’ll be interested in the room layouts too. But we rolled through there on MDE the other day and the window layout on the lower floors sure looked like studio, studio, 1 BR, 1BR, studio, studio etc. We will see. It is biiiiggg! Looking forward to the new restaurant. Hope it is on the west end. Top construction on the east end makes me wonder. Although those could be GV’s.

Last edited:
Yes I’ll be interested in theroom layouts too. But we rolled through there on MDE the other day and the window layout on the lower floors sure looked like studio, studio, 1 BR, 1BR, studio, studio etc. We will see. It is biiiiggg! Looking forward to the new restaurant. Hope it is on the west end. Top construction on the east end makes me wonder. Although those could be GV’s.

Yep interested in that as well. I figured GV's on the EPCOT corner maybe?

Actually hope not though as we never need that size, and those should be the best view I would assume.

But should know soon.

Yep interested in that as well. I figured GV's on the EPCOT corner maybe?

Actually hope not though as we never need that size, and those should be the best view I would assume.

But should know soon.
Your thoughts on the GV’s is probably a better guess. Looking at the construction photos you can see steel roof supports coming off of the top floor structure on what I’m calling the east wing. Also that wing is closer and more nearly above the main entrance which seems a little more likely a spot for the restaurant versus way at the end of a residential wing. But I’m only guessing. We might see some tall steel going up on the top of the western most wing soon.

Does DVC usually offer new DVC release resort points to be purchased to existing members before general public (such as the anticipated Riviera)? If so, how much sooner vs. open market?

Does DVC usually offer new DVC release resort points to be purchased to existing members before general public (such as the anticipated Riviera)? If so, how much sooner vs. open market?

From what I've heard, yes, a couple of months.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter