DVC rentals. Are they a specific room or randomly allocated at check in?

MarkyMoo

Earning My Ears
Hi

I'm new to the DVC system and have just reserved a Villa via an agent for November. This will be the first time I've ever booked accommodation at WDW via DVC. So am I renting a particular villa/unit that is owned by someone, or will the Villa be randomly allocated upon check in at guest services?

Thanks in advance

Villas are assigned upon what is free on your check in day.

Unlike traditional timeshares DVC owners do not own the right to stay in one particular villa.

you can add a request to the reservation like high floor near elevator, your not guaranteed your requests. There's lots of posts on where to request at different DVC resorts depending what your wanting from your stay.

You will get the particular booking category that you have reserved, e.g., a "Lake View" studio at Bay lake Tiower, if that is what one has reserved, but you can end up anywhere in the resort where rooms in that booking category exist. You can request other things such as high floor, close to lobby, etc., but those are all non-guaranteed requests. Rooms are assigned the day of your arrival.

If you do online check in, then you'll be able to select a couple of options for your rooms requests from a set (high floor, near transportation...).
If you want to add a more specific request, you have to ask to the member/broker who is renting you the points to call Member Services and add the request. For example for VGC I added a list of the rooms with theme park view. At OKW I listed a few buildings who were near-ish hospitality house.
However it's a hit or miss with requests: at VGC I had the room I wanted once, the other I didn't. At OKW I got the building I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!