DVC Resale - merchandise

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Hi all, as a DVC resale purchaser (SSR) I am aware that we can't access the majority of benefits that DVC direct purchasers can, being from the UK this isn't really an issue to us however there is one thing I have been super looking forward to and I am wondering if it will be possible in resort - purchasing DVC merchandise.....for example, a couple of years ago I wanted to purchase a DVC Pandora charm from Mousegear but was asked to show my DVC membership, at this point I wasn't a DVC member we were just in the process of purchasing. However, now that we are members, albeit via resale, I am wondering will I still be prohibited from purchasing DVC merch as I don't have a membership card. I would really love to hear some experiences about this, thanks in advance, Lou

Hi all, as a DVC resale purchaser (SSR) I am aware that we can't access the majority of benefits that DVC direct purchasers can, being from the UK this isn't really an issue to us however there is one thing I have been super looking forward to and I am wondering if it will be possible in resort - purchasing DVC merchandise.....for example, a couple of years ago I wanted to purchase a DVC Pandora charm from Mousegear but was asked to show my DVC membership, at this point I wasn't a DVC member we were just in the process of purchasing. However, now that we are members, albeit via resale, I am wondering will I still be prohibited from purchasing DVC merch as I don't have a membership card. I would really love to hear some experiences about this, thanks in advance, Lou
I have never been asked to show a card when buying the dvc merchandise.

I showed my card from my phone and that was ok. We bought resale and have the White Digital card. :)

I am a resale member and have never been asked to show my card for buying DVC merchandise. Obviously can't get the discount, but never been refused to pay full price for DVC items. I would give it a try.

We purchased resale first, then direct later. Prior to buying direct, we never had an issue buying any merchandise, including items from the online Disney Store. Some CM's even gave us a discount while having the resale card only. Like everything else at Disney, it doesn't hurt to ask. Who knows, you make get a little pixie dust sprinkled on you. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts