DVC Show - The DIS

TheTimeshareStore

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone! We are very happy with the positive feedback we've received around the DVC Show.

Obviously, the first few episodes need to be explanations of what DVC is, but we do want to delve into more varied topics of discussion. Pete is new to DVC membership, but very knowledgeable of Disney resorts. Jackie is a long time DVC owner and a Disney/DVC fanatic, she also has traveled with children and family. Finally, Jerry sells the DVC products, has used the product and is also knowledgable about the parks.

So if you have any questions or topics you'd love to be addressed on the show, even if it's just for an opinion from the experts, reach out and let us know right here on the boards!

Thanks!

I'd listen to an episode which interviews a few members who meet certain interesting characteristics - like someone who owns 1000+ points (what do they DO with all of them?), someone who was an original owner from way back (how has it evolved?), etc. I think I remember someone who had enough points that DVC was basically their home half the year or something crazy like that.

Interview someone at DVC Member Services - what are their tips, tricks, common errors they see people make, etc.

Some DVC history might be fun, I've picked some up here and there but something overall would be interesting

Id love an episode for owners with renting 101 - there are so many common questions (am I actually liable if my renter wrecks the room, how does payment work, booking, etc.)

Making the most tips - stalking, the never-ending debate about walking, that kinda thing.

I think it would be great to have an interview with someone from Member Services, but whether Disney would allow it is questionable.

I think an interesting question for someone that owns a LOT of points would be if they ever lost points by forgetting to bank, or just not being able to use them.

I'd listen to an episode which interviews a few members who meet certain interesting characteristics - like someone who owns 1000+ points (what do they DO with all of them?), someone who was an original owner from way back (how has it evolved?), etc. I think I remember someone who had enough points that DVC was basically their home half the year or something crazy like that.

Interview someone at DVC Member Services - what are their tips, tricks, common errors they see people make, etc.

Some DVC history might be fun, I've picked some up here and there but something overall would be interesting

Id love an episode for owners with renting 101 - there are so many common questions (am I actually liable if my renter wrecks the room, how does payment work, booking, etc.)

Making the most tips - stalking, the never-ending debate about walking, that kinda thing.

please, please, please do not discuss the idea of walking on a podcast. The more people that know about it will just make it worse. Some things are better left unsaid.

So many people don’t understand how to use their points when they book a trip. Recently, someone thought they had to wait until Sept 1 to book their December trip because that’s when they got their 2019 points! Many of us jumped on this person to tell them to book NOW! would be good to tell people to always know which use year their trip falls in so they know which points are available to them when booking.

BTW, the newest DVC Show is linked in the DVC Show sticky threads on each DVC Board. I will try to keep the sticky threads links updated, rather than having the links get lost in these open threads that keep growing.

I enjoyed watching the show. I really enjoyed the enthusiasm for the product, and various points of view represented. I would caution against using phrases like "perks" that describe the actual terms and conditions of the agreement. For example, discounts for shopping, spa are definitely "perks," but using your points in the manner outlaid in the agreement is a function of those terms. There are a few threads here in the DIS DVC member services section that have explored how recent changes to the agreements, and the initial 2020 point chart (now retracted) seemed to run afoul of the terms of the documents. These are not "perks," they are mechanisms to property/use administration outlined in terms. I found the synopsis provided by DRUSBA to be quite helpful, as well as a few other DISers in these threads.

While I think an occasional review of "perks" would be helpful as these do change over time, I think some of the other DISers here have some great ideas for the DVC show. Thank you for asking for ideas. Congrats to Pete for his recent purchase, and I hope he has a great time! Thank you again for the show!

I'd love to see episodes that focus on individual DVC properties. What's good? What's bad? Restaurants? Pools? Tips for the best room location requests, etc? You could put out a feeler on the boards ahead of time to get other members feedback.

please, please, please do not discuss the idea of walking on a podcast. The more people that know about it will just make it worse. Some things are better left unsaid.

Ugh - that's a good point. Walking should be discouraged, and certainly putting it out there even more will only make it worse, but it's also unfair to say they shouldn't give people the best advice possible. Not sure how they should handle that.

Ugh - that's a good point. Walking should be discouraged, and certainly putting it out there even more will only make it worse, but it's also unfair to say they shouldn't give people the best advice possible. Not sure how they should handle that.

The podcast is more DVC 101. Walking should be covered in graduate level DVC courses. :)

We've owned since 2009 but have no idea how to rent points out, even if we wanted to. If we did we would only go through a reputable middle-man like the DVC Store (do they do that?) What is the process and how quickly does one get the money, what is owners responsibility, etc.? Thank you!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter