DVC Tour FastPass Restrictions

MikeRx

DIS Veteran
Hello Informative DIS Friends,

We are going to be completing a DVC tour at the Poly (we are staying there) on October 11th. Does anyone know the current restrictions on these passes? I believe the two Pandora rides are blocked out, but did they lift the restrictions in the MK (7dMT and PP)? We know to be careful in our timing our our regular passes and accidentally "double" tapping as we could use a DVC pass inadvertently.

I've seen posts related to this; however my search for the answer is coming up dry or very old. If you could give/point me to current info that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mike

We got special fastpasses last week due to resort issues, not a DVC tour. We could and did use them on Mine Train and Peter Pan. Might be completely different than dvc though.

What is FFA?

I will be getting these as well when I go down in a couple weeks and was looking to use them on Soarin, Test Track and Rockin Rollercoaster

When checking over the "my itinerary" section in My Disney Experience for my upcoming trip, I noticed something on my check-in day.....something about getting 3 fast passes for doing the DVC tour....I dug a little deeper into the blurb:

• Disney FastPass+ selections must be reserved and used within 4 (four) days of activation.
  • Disney FastPass+ service given as part of this offer is not usable at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight, Frozen Ever After, Rivers of Light, Avatar Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Character greeting experiences, parade viewings or fireworks viewings.
  • Offer is not available to current Members.
Those are the written rules, but rules are broken all the time. I would not do a "formal" tour anyway, no need to. However, I did do the DVC member tour at Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (it is done daily, I forget what time). Really beautiful rooms and the cabins are just wonderful. And so peaceful. I think they really did a great job here....although I was not very happy during the process....it seemed like they were going to remove every tree. But the results are nice.

When checking over the "my itinerary" section in My Disney Experience for my upcoming trip, I noticed something on my check-in day.....something about getting 3 fast passes for doing the DVC tour....I dug a little deeper into the blurb:

• Disney FastPass+ selections must be reserved and used within 4 (four) days of activation.
  • Disney FastPass+ service given as part of this offer is not usable at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight, Frozen Ever After, Rivers of Light, Avatar Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Character greeting experiences, parade viewings or fireworks viewings.
  • Offer is not available to current Members.
Those are the written rules, but rules are broken all the time. I would not do a "formal" tour anyway, no need to. However, I did do the DVC member tour at Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (it is done daily, I forget what time). Really beautiful rooms and the cabins are just wonderful. And so peaceful. I think they really did a great job here....although I was not very happy during the process....it seemed like they were going to remove every tree. But the results are nice.

This matches what our guide told us on the tour as well.

Last time I had them, there was no Toy Story Mania

I was able to use the DVC Tour FP for TSMM last month, so that may have changed since your trip.

Thank you everyone for the posts and info! We changed some of our FastPass selections based on the restrictions. As we just purchased re-sale, staying at the poly in a studio, and only want to inquire about add on points, we will likely be doing an abbreviated tour.

Mike

Thanks for this thread! This is what I was looking for. I'm hoping to use mine of RnRC, and Soarin, and ?.

Does my bf (the only other person on the reservation) need to go with me to the tour to get FPs? Or can I be the only one to go and get two sets? (I have a feeling he needs to go).

I'm not sure. My mother in law is not required to be on our tour as she has no financial decision making authority in our household; however she is on our reservation. Others may have more information.
Mike

I'm not sure. My mother in law is not required to be on our tour as she has no financial decision making authority in our household; however she is on our reservation. Others may have more information.
Mike

Mike - do you know which locations have the DVC tour? Say I called in advance to schedule a tour, could I get one near me at the Yacht Club? (Since it is not a DVC property, I would expect to walk over to Boardwalk or Beach Club).

We are doing ours at the Poly as we are staying there. If you are not at a DVC property you will be scheduled at Saratoga Springs. They have a van that will take you there and return you wherever you want to go. I dont know if they are touring at the Beach Club as they are not actively selling there, but it would not hurt to ask. We scheduled ours a couple of weeks ago so that we could guarantee a Poly-based tour. Our son (9) and my mother in law can go to the pool while we tour or he can go to Lilo's Playhouse.

Mike

We are doing ours at the Poly as we are staying there. If you are not at a DVC property you will be scheduled at Saratoga Springs. They have a van that will take you there and return you wherever you want to go. I dont know if they are touring at the Beach Club as they are not actively selling there, but it would not hurt to ask. We scheduled ours a couple of weeks ago so that we could guarantee a Poly-based tour. Our son (9) and my mother in law can go to the pool while we tour or he can go to Lilo's Playhouse.

Mike

Interesting. I hope they let me schedule one not at Saratoga. That's inconvenient if I'm right near other DVC properties. Boardwalk or Beach would be my choices, but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when I can schedule.

Thanks!

You've got a great plan and asking a few weeks in advance cant hurt. Good luck. We had to remind them that we were at the Poly already as they wanted to schedule us at SS.
Mike

Thank you everyone for the posts and info! We changed some of our FastPass selections based on the restrictions. As we just purchased re-sale, staying at the poly in a studio, and only want to inquire about add on points, we will likely be doing an abbreviated tour.

Mike

Are you sure that they will be offering you fastpasses during this tour? If you already heard it over the phone or elsewhere, then that is great news and go for it. However, if they already have you in the system as a resale purchaser, there may be less incentive for them to show you around, knowing that a large sell is less than likely.

We just closed so they don't have any direct info as a member. They will find that out when we arrive and I'd be really surprised if they pulled the passes because of this. We purchased our points for use in Cali and it would serve them well to treat us nicely as we would consider purchasing in FL too for the 11 month window and perks. We will be asking about a Cali add on during our visit. We were told by our guide that we would get the passes several weeks ago. In addition, I've read several posts of members getting the pass incentive. We will keep our fingers crossed and I'll let everyone know what happens next week.
Mike

Sounds good. Hoping for the best for you. Just wanted to make sure you didn't get the rug pulled out from under you on planning your fastpasses.
Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!