DxDDP 5 nights in May

tortoni

DIS Veteran
We are DVC and going to OKW for a long weekend in early May to see the Flower and Garden Show. We will likely spend 2 days at Epcot. At this point, I am not sure how many are joining so may ultimately share some of the credits. Would like advice on best spots at Disney Springs for use of plan. We love Homecoming and Boathouse but have not been to Boathouse on the dining plan. I know if is 2 credits, but what counts as an appetizer and are all the mains included? Thinking we might split meals at these places so it is not too much food. Thoughts from those who have been to Boathouse or other DS restaurants on the DXDDP?

If memory serves me correctly the following categories counted as appetizers at Boathouse:

Raw Bar offerings (example: 6 oysters p/p)
Field Salads
Launch Starters
Not sure about Dockside Bucket as we didn't order from that category this December past.

Just curious, if your friends are staying with you at OKW, then they will also have to have the dining plan.

Thanks NYCgrrl, that is helpful.

LVSWL, it's just us at OKW but CM said that if we have someone join us they could be added after they get there.

and are all the mains included? Thinking we might split meals at these places so it is not too much food. Thoughts from those who have been to Boathouse or other DS restaurants on the DXDDP?

Sorry, meant to answer this part of your question but the phone rang, LOL

All the entrees listed on the menu were available on the dining plan as well as specials (they had caviar available as an app during the holidays and our waiter stressed we could order it on plan) but any entree that says it serves two will count as 4 credits. We've had the Porterhouse for 2 and it can easily serve 3 depending on how you eat/how hungry the party is.

On the 2 occasions we've been to the Boathouse, once was oop, and the other, DXDDP, and we shared food both times however we still ordered one main per person. Thus I've no idea what this restaurant's policy is on ordering less entrees per person to share. They were fine w/ us ordering less appetizers to share though. I will point out that no side come with steak and chop entrees so you might want to order a salad as an app and have it served w/ your main. I can also say that the fried calamari was deliciously tender, not greasy, and fried to perfection. I would ask for the sauce to be placed on the side. We are either over the top dessert fiends or very simplistic. Mostly we went simplistic at DW in general: the root beer ice cream float and sorbet satisfied our needs at this establishment.
Had four of us agreed I would have been game trying the Baked Alaska Smore dessert but maybe next time.

I know we got a deal as far as the oop vs dining plan at this restaurant...our bill exceeded the daily cost of the dining plan per person and we got to eat exactly what we wanted w/ no chicken nobody really wanted, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!