E Ticket Night Changes

lucysdad

<font color=teal>You've touched my heart<br><font
We've always been fans of E Ticket Night. It seemed to be the only way to tackle the big rides. On our trip this summer we were delighted to discover that they have added some more Fantasyland rides, Pooh, Peter Pan, and Philharmagic. They took off Country Bears and, sadly, Transit Authority.
We went on Friday, June 25th and walked onto everything! It was so great that we changed our schedlue to accommodate another E Ticket Night the following Wednesday. Boy, was there a difference! We've been doing these nights for years and we have never had to wait 20 minutes for a ride. We did that night. What a disappointment. Maybe there's a strategy involved here. Maybe Friday is the night to go or maybe it was just a fluke, but we were so disappointed. I hope Disney isn't overselling the E Ticket Night admissions, because it isn't worth the extra expense if you have to wait that long for a ride. Does anyone know what's up?
Lucy's Mom

I was at that same e-night (June 30). I don't have much to compare it to, but the only real waits we experienced were at Peter Pan (maybe 10 minutes) and Space Mountain (about 20 minutes, and they had both sides running.) We were just about the last people to get on Buzz before they shut it down at 1am.

(FWIW, we came into the MK about 8, grabbed a bite at Cosmic Ray's, then rode Dumbo and the Teacups during the parade. We then headed to Frontierland to start e-night. It was pretty much empty on that side of the park. We then rode BTMRR twice, did Splash Mountain, then worked our way back across from there.)

My family went back on Friday (7/2) and they said there were no lines at all, they rode Space Mountain three times in a row with no wait.

My Theory: Wednesdays are just the most convenient nights for a lot of visitors. People arriving on Saturday/Sunday may not even know about the Monday e-night, and they may be too tired or getting ready to leave when the Friday e-night rolls around. So they all go on Wednesday.

Does that make sense?

Hmmm.......well now you have me worried. I had planned to do the Wednesday E-night next week thinking that Friday would be more crowded. Oh my gosh!! What should we do?

I'm thinking you have a good theory. Next year we will avoid Wednesday E Ticket Nights. I was wondering if a lot of people plan to fly home on Saturday and don't want to stay up for a late night on Friday. Maybe Friday is the night to go. Let's get more info from others as they get home and then we can make a better choice nest year.
Lucy's Mom:chat: :chat:

We then headed to Frontierland to start e-night. It was pretty much empty on that side of the park.

::yes::

Went on Wednesday, June 9th started in Frontierland. If you can, just prior to MK closing, go to Adventureland. We were there and it was a ghost town. We had POC to ourselves.

And there were almost no lines! I have been telling everyone to go on Wednesdays now ::yes::

Elin

Does anyone know where I can get a schedule for 2004 E-nights? TIA

I don't know. Maybe it's hit and miss which day you go. I was hoping we could figure out a strategy because we love the E Nights, but this last one was a real bummer for us. Waiting in 20 minute lines was not a treat.
Lucy's Mom

the e-ride nites are on Mon, Wed and Fri for 3 hours after park closing until Aug 14.
We went on Friday, July 2nd and there were hardly any lines. We also went on Wed, July 7th and there were more lines - however there was lightening and thunderstorms from 2-7pm that afternoon. I guess that most people just stayed in there rooms and slept during the storm and attended the e-ride that nite instead.

We are staying at the contemporary, we are a family of 5. Can we purchase 6 e-night tickets? We would like to bring a friend along.

We did e-ride nights on July 2nd and the 7th. We started in Frontierland and moved thru Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. We basically walked on all the rides. It's great way to hit the major rides without the long waits.

Lori00789 - They were checking everyones resort id when they took our e-ride tickets. If your friend is not staying at a disney resort, i don't think they can go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter