E111 questions...

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
Considering this is our 5th trip we probably should have covered this on past visits...we didn't :(

Do I need to take an E111 if I have holiday insurance with Thomas Cook?

If so, is it a case of filling the form in and getting the post office to stamp it or does it take time?

On the E111 website there is an application form AND an actual E111 - I can't work out why there are both! Under what circumstance can I not print off and fill in the E111 but have to print off the application form for an E111?

Personal ID number - it says it's my NHS number - do I get that from doctor?

thanks in advance for any help!

Yes, you should take E11 forms for all members of your party. :) It's separate from the travel insurance and ensures that you're able to get immediate medial attention if something happens when you're abroad. I think your travel insurance just covers you for compensation.

There is an application form you need to fill out and also the actual E11 form. The application form stays with the Post Office whereas you keep the E11. I think the Post Office stamps both forms and you have to put your details on both.

The personal ID number is your National Insurance number. :) It is simply a case of filling out both forms and then taking them to the Post Office to get them stamped. I think you can put husbands, wives, children, etc. on the same form. There's also an option to tick to receive the new E11 card when they're released at the end of 2005.

Thanks Bonnie - that all seems pretty straight forward.

I've gone from this: :confused3 to this: :cool1: and I thank you: :worship:

Steve
Yes you do need E111
Go to your nearest post Office, they will give you the forms you need, you can fill it in there or take it back completed later. It's just a matter of you filling it in and them stamping it - can be done in minutes if you have all the information to hand.
You should have a NHS medical card issued by the FHSA. It will have been sent to you when you registered with a doctor. It will state " Your NHS number is xxxxxxx" it is this number / card that entitles you to NHS treatment or you can use your National Insurance number as a means of ID on the E111.
Hope this helps.
The post office clerk will explain to you exactly what you need to do if you ask them.
You also now, have to fill in an E111 UK (1) for each person named on the E111 application. These forms are given to you at the same time you are given the E111

This is really handy! Glad you asked this question Steve, and many thanks Bonnie and Dee for your great replies. :)

Thanks Dee - I really should have sorted an E111 before now - luckily nothing has happened on pervious trips!

I wonder if they sell Mickey Mouse plasters?

Steve

Yes you can buy Mickey Mouse plasters too:rotfl: ::MickeyMo
Although not at the post office - try Tesco's

Dee8197 said:
Steve

Yes you can buy Mickey Mouse plasters too:rotfl: ::MickeyMo
Although not at the post office - try Tesco's

This board has got me in tears every night now!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Elaine
Have you been following the " Can't get in " thread too;)

We now have validated E111 forms - thanks for all your help people.

Now I just have to find the Mickey Mouse plasters :earsboy:

Steve

Fantastic news. Glad it all came together:flower:

We are all going to get nice shiney cards here in the UK. The ones you have this year will be replaced next, I gather, by a new 'euro' card.

NIK said:
We are all going to get nice shiney cards here in the UK. The ones you have this year will be replaced next, I gather, by a new 'euro' card.

Apparently they have just started to distribute the new E111 cards.

dlpSteve said:
Now I just have to find the Mickey Mouse plasters :earsboy:

Looked in Asda today, no Mickey Mouse ones but they did have The Incredibles or Mr Bump!!!:teeth:

The Incredibles sounds good - we are in Bristol tomorrow so I could go their ASDA, as anyone who lives in my neck of the woods will know that ASDA hasn't reached this part of the country yet.

Still want Mickey Mouse ones though, or Donald Duck, in fact bandaged Donald Duck plasters would be fantastic! Goofy - he's so clumsy - Goofy plasters makes so much sense!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can remember one of my DD's having Disney Babies on her plasters years ago, there was a Baby Goofy on them!!! :teeth:

Good luck for tomorrow!!! :teeth:

I know I've seen them somewhere - can't remember where though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter