• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EA report for 2/23

BigDave

Mouseketeer
We were originally scheduled to arrive at Orlando at 4:30. We took a bump so we got in around 9. I called to let National know of the new flight number and checked to make sure that I was all set. No problem there.

When we arrived after 9, there were very few cars left-- whether you were looking at the Aisle or the entire National selection-- they were almost empty. This was on the B terminal side. We had reserved a full size and there were none on the Aisle. There were several compacts and an intermediate and a truck. The full size lot was the next lane so we took the only full size they had-- a Toyota Camry. The car was ok. Clean enough and it looked like it had just been washed. Interestingly enough we found paperwork in the car from a previous week-- the car had been in New York on the 11th of Feb. It also had Missouri plates on it. There was actually a National employee walking by who offered to help! We went to the booth, handed our card, coupon and id's and left.

When we returned the next Saturday, there were tons of cars being dropped off. Certainly people arriving that day would have more choices-- especially if arriving in the afternoon. The price was what I was quoted so all in all I am still a National fan. I love the hand held checkout.

The only question I had was about the fill up service. When I called and asked the agent was vague so we decided to fill up the car ourselves and not use the fill up at local prices that they supposedly guarantee. He said we needed to pre-pay so we decided to play it safe. Remember to fill up away from the Crossroads area-- Gas is 20 to 30 cents more a gallon in that area.

BigDave

Thanks for the update BigDave. Did you get "approval" before taking from the full-size aisle? and did they give you any grief about it at the booth?

We just mentioned to the National agent walking by that we had reserved a full size and he pointed out the camry. As far as I knew, you were guaranteed what you had reserved, regardless of where the car happened to be parked. If there were no full size in the aisle you could pick from the full size in the regular section. Remember though, you could not just walk over and pick a full size if there were some in the EA section.

No problem with the attendant. He asked to see the hangning tag and then he just took the coupon and handed us back our ID's and off we went.

Since I don't rent on a regular basis, hopefully some of the regular National EA users could add more info.

BigDave

I had a full size reserved with EA in December. There were no full sizes on the EA, just intermediate (and some looked even smaller). So I went over to full size, there were about 20 cars and took an Olds Intrigue. No problem. When I booked, my reservation said full size OR your choice on the Emerald Aisle so I didn't say anything. That was the first time out of 4 EA reservations that they did not have a full size on the EA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter