Earliest date for F/W at EPCOT and reception

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
So we spoke with our planner today for the first time! She offered plenty of info but one thing she cautioned us on was our reception. She said that if our dates fall within food and wine festival, we may not be able to do an EPCOT reception.

Our planned date is Aug 29th 2018 and we are unsure of what we should do. One the biggest attractions for us was to be able to hold the reception during park hours at Epcot (for illuminations). I'm not sure what other options exist for the other parks (MK/AK/HS). I'm not even sure when the release the dates for the food and wine fest.

Food & Wine starts on August 31 this year, which is a Thursday. August 29, 2018 is a Wednesday. I'm betting they're not going to start Food & Wine on a Wednesday next year, so unless they push the start date back a whole week, to August 23, you're going to be OK. Dates for 2018 should be announced in November.

Additionally, it is usually only Friday and Saturday nights that are restricted for IllumiNations-viewing events during Food & Wine, so there's another reason I think you're going to be fine.

There are no private event locations with fireworks viewing opportunities in the Magic Kingdom. Supposedly Animal Kingdom will not be offering Rivers of Light viewing for private events until 2019 (though that could change). So your only other option would be Fantasmic! at Hollywood Studios: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2013/06/19/fantasmic-dessert-party-spotlight-lesley-tyler/

I'm also wanting to add an Illuminations dessert party to my wedding, and am planning on Fall 2018 but don't have an exact date yet. Are all of the private viewing locations for the parties unavailable on Friday's and Saturday's during Food & Wine, or do they only block off certain ones? I was hoping for a Friday date, but really want to have the the dessert party the same night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!