"Early" Check-In while room not ready

angelkk

Mouseketeer
We visited Tokyo Disneyland in August, and stayed in the DisneySea's Mira Costa Hotel. We arrived the hotel early (around 10:30am) to drop off luggages, of course we do not expect our rooms to be ready. However, the CM suggested us to proceed with check-in, and assigned a room for us based on our request (i.e. she told us our Room number). Then we head off to park for a whole day, and return to the counter to get our room keys. All luggages are sent to our room already.

Just curious if WDW resorts offer the same service? We arrived WDW last year via a late evening flight, and upon arrival most rooms were gone (around 11:10pm) and we did not get our requests.

On my next trip, I will be taking a morning flight - wondering if I can proceed with check-in around NOON and get a ROOM that fulfil my requests, and come back later whenever the room is ready?

Correct me if I am wrong. I always have the impression that people who lined up for check-in at 3:00pm will most likely get their requests, at least easier than those who check-in late in the evenings. However, once I am in the parks, who really would make another trip to the resort at 3:00PM for check-in :rolleyes1

The Miracosta is beautiful!!!!!!! I stayed there this past year. Yes it is the same at WDW. If you check in early and your room is not ready they will give you your keys and you can head to the Theme Park. I think generally an early check in has a better chance of getting their requests, but it really depends on the level of occupancy.

Did you see the Little Mermaid Show at the Tokyo park?
I think it's much better than the WDW show. Have a wonderful trip :sunny:

We actually did the same thing at both the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian. They were very accomodating about it and had not complaints. Helen

yes, WDW definitely does this. The only difference that I can see is that instead of giving you your room number they give you a card with a number that you can call after a certain time -- when you call that number they give you your room number and you can go directly there with your key card and it will open it -- no need to go to the front desk again.

Daryl said:
The Miracosta is beautiful!!!!!!! I stayed there this past year. Yes it is the same at WDW. If you check in early and your room is not ready they will give you your keys and you can head to the Theme Park. I think generally an early check in has a better chance of getting their requests, but it really depends on the level of occupancy.

Did you see the Little Mermaid Show at the Tokyo park?
I think it's much better than the WDW show. Have a wonderful trip :sunny:

Hi Daryl,

Yes, I love MiraCosta :thumbsup2 The theme is cool, and especially I like the convenience of the hotel -> Direct entry to DisneySea theme park from hotel backdoor.

The Little Mermaid Show is definitely 10x better than the one in WDW, I just hope if they can speak in English :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter