"Early Entry" to Build A Bear?

minniefaye

DIS Veteran
Someone mentioned on here that they were able to go to the Build a Bear store in DTD earlier than other customers as a "special" for Disney Resort guests; anyone remember this? i did a search but can't seem to find this. I'm wondering if this is still offered and if so, how do I "book" it? thanks

We did this during spring break this year. We were staying at GCH, and called the concierge desk who take our name for the reservation. Then all we had to do was show up at the Build a Bear store at the time we were told, they had our names on a list. This is offered to concierge as well as non-concierge guests I believe.

We did this during spring break this year. We were staying at GCH, and called the concierge desk who take our name for the reservation. Then all we had to do was show up at the Build a Bear store at the time we were told, they had our names on a list. This is offered to concierge as well as non-concierge guests I believe.

When we arrive do we make our request at concierge or is this something we should request pre-arrival. BAB is always one of the vacation highlights for our kids and to be able to do his would be a great thrill for them! This is our first stay onsite (have always stayed offsite) at DL thanks for letting us know!

When you stay at the GCH you get a newsletter each night with your turn down. That's how I learned about the Build a Bear event. I made my reservations while I was staying at the hotel. I don't know if the other hotels get to do this or not, maybe someone else will know.

Hi
We did EE on BaB last year staying at DLH, we're staying at PPH this year and plan on doing it again.

I set up the EE with Vacation Planning before our trip (714)300-7526 option 2.
They told me to meet at the front of BaB at 9am (store opens to the public at 10am) and the employee let us in. There were about 10 other people including our group of 8. We were done before 10am.
Definitely something we'll do on this trip too.

Can you do this if you are staying at PP?

We stayed at PPH in Feb and it was offered to guests of PPH as well. I don't believe you get the detailed list of activities on your nightstand like at GCH, but it is posted in the lobby of the PPH. It's a week long schedule of activities posted.
We did BAB ee last Aug and my kids had a great time. We have several BABs locally and my kids have built many stuffed animals there. It took about an hour to do and the kids got a freebie item with purchase. I believe the freebie item changes frequently. When we went it was a sling BAB backpack.

thanks everyone for this great info!!!

one other question, do you remember if this was offered every day or was it select days throughout the week?

It was offered twice or three times a week when we went in Aug. When we went in Feb, it was offered mabe once or twice. I don't remember which days though.

We always do BAB EE! My kids are so shy and they were just overwhelmed at the "regular" crowds so it has been the best for us. You can do it staying at all 3 resort hotels and you can make reservations up to 30 days ahead by calling guest services for your hotel. I usually just call the hotel main number and ask for guest services and they transfer me to the right place. A few times I have gotten a new CM who didn't know what I was talking about but I was persistent. Twice we went and they did not have us on the list but I had gotten the CM's name who made the reservations and had it with me so there was no problem. They only take a limited number of participants, 10 or 15 tops and usually there are less than that. Once, in Jan, we were the ONLY ones and it was so cool to have the whole store to ourselves. I think most people wait until they get to the hotel but I heard people did not get in the day they wanted and never took the chance (I am a planner-lol.) Usually, it is 2 or 3 days a week but it changes so I am not sure now what the days are.

There was talk about a "minimum purchase" at one time but no one has ever made us pay ahead or taken a credit card # or anything but we usually do get new critters. We have just gotten new outfits on occasion though and nothing was ever said then either about a minimum purchase. (Really figure $100 for 2 kids though by the time you pick an animal and an outfit but there are $5 off coupons around too and they do have a card for "frequent buyers" that is worth doing it you go enough to get a discount after X$)

Since we had APs, we usually did it on Sat morning followed by a character breakfast at Goofy's and a afternoon at the pool rather than buying the $30 block out pass. This is my FAVORITE but a good second is to do it on the day you leave. We do the same: ee BAB then Goofy's then the long trip home with new "babies" and full bellies! Even the slowest child will be out in time for a 10am breakfast reservation.

Pay attention to the signs as you walk by or check out the BAB website for new releases or promotions when you pick the date to go. If your kid wants a special one that does not get released until Friday and you have reservations before that, it will be saaaad. They will not let you have it before the release day but almost always have it in the back to "preview' before your bab day. Sometimes they have specials, once the kids got little radios or other "free with purchase" items like babies. As EE BAB participants, you always get a few extra goodies like the brush the other poster mentioned as well as a bunch of stickers. Also, it you lose your bows, don't hesitate to ask for a few replacements. They have a giant box up at the register. Once I asked for one white one as dd had lost hers and they gave me a handful of all colors!

Have fun!

fantastic info!! thanks so much!!! We are actually going to try and do what you suggested and do the EE at BAB and then a Character Breakfast then head to the airport. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter