Early Morning Magic- Avoid Magic Kingdom?

momto3jboys

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any experience with crowd levels at Magic Kingdom on days when Early Morning Magic is offered? We are not purchasing a separate ticket for Early Morning Magic, but wanting to visit Magic Kingdom that day. Is the park overly crowded and should we just avoid Magic Kingdom on that day?

I would agree with the other posters and say it should have absolutely no impact on your plans whatsoever. Do not factor it in.

Here now.

The one factor was rope drop. We did emh on the 30th, got on sm, Astro and buzz then over to dwarves. We were in line at dwarves when park officially opened, the heard coming to dwarves was huge, was 25 minutes wait when we entered, and within 10 minutes was over a 100 minutes.

For planning, based on people walking, others who went straight there got through just dwarves vs our three in that hour.

Here now.

The one factor was rope drop. We did emh on the 30th, got on sm, Astro and buzz then over to dwarves. We were in line at dwarves when park officially opened, the heard coming to dwarves was huge, was 25 minutes wait when we entered, and within 10 minutes was over a 100 minutes.

For planning, based on people walking, others who went straight there got through just dwarves vs our three in that hour.
Extra Magic Hours are different than Early Morning Magic. EMH attracts thousands and thousands of people most days, and has a huge impact on Rope Drop at MK. EMM is capped "below 300" people and has no impact that should affect decision making.

How does Rope Drop work for those not attending EMM? Is there a welcome show?

Rope drop will act like a regular MK day. All guests can roam Main Street up to the castle / Hub spokes, and the opening show will be at 8:55am, after which the “ropes drop” at the various spokes and the park will be open.

We tend to opt for EMM and it is quite peaceful and the kids can get on 7dmt numerous times.

EMH just gets more and more crowded.

We have an 8:00 BOG breakfast reservation, will we be able to ride the attractions in Fantasyland before 9:00?

We have an 8:00 BOG breakfast reservation, will we be able to ride the attractions in Fantasyland before 9:00?

No, if it's an Early Morning Magic morning they will let you line up but won't let you ride until 9am.

Related question -
I know it's crazy expensive but we're considering Early Morning Magic anyway.

BUT - is there a "good morning" show at the castle at 7:45 or right before?

We're going with little ones and the last we saw that, it REALLY started the day wonderfully. It so happens our first morning there is a Early Morning Magic day. So it sounds like we almost have to choose between getting on some key rides with no wait vs the show.

OR - we could do this:
Get in and do whatever we can from 7:45 to about 8:45. Then make our way to the castle to see the show (assuming they let us?) And then go to the buffet after that. And then we'd schedule some fast passes for later.

I'm probably crazy to even consider this ($89 for adults and $79 for kids) - but it looks like we could get on 7DMT and Peter Pan and Pooh in that hour easily.

Related question -
I know it's crazy expensive but we're considering Early Morning Magic anyway.

BUT - is there a "good morning" show at the castle at 7:45 or right before?

We're going with little ones and the last we saw that, it REALLY started the day wonderfully. It so happens our first morning there is a Early Morning Magic day. So it sounds like we almost have to choose between getting on some key rides with no wait vs the show.

OR - we could do this:
Get in and do whatever we can from 7:45 to about 8:45. Then make our way to the castle to see the show (assuming they let us?) And then go to the buffet after that. And then we'd schedule some fast passes for later.

I'm probably crazy to even consider this ($89 for adults and $79 for kids) - but it looks like we could get on 7DMT and Peter Pan and Pooh in that hour easily.
I booked it. But we are going to MK other days as well so I was going to skip the show. I can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to watch it though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!