Easter

Highest attendance, second only to Christmastime.

And, on years when it coincides with many schools' Spring Breaks, it can make the crowds
even more staggeringly busy.

We are planning to be there next year at Easter. We were just there this past Chirstmas.....Im wondering how the crowds are compared to Christmas? Do they vary because Spring Break is so different with schools and such? This was our 2nd Christmas trip but the first we were actually on-site at Christmas time. We skipped Christmas Day in the parks but otherwise, even Christmas Eve wasn't so bad.....wondering if Easter will be manageable especially if we expect it to be busy

Does a late Easter next year (4/21) make the crowds any less staggering?

Does a late Easter next year (4/21) make the crowds any less staggering?

That depends on the preponderance of that year's school Spring Break dates.

It's the coincidence of multiple holiday dates that create the "perfect storm" of guest arrivals.

Our spring break ends on Easter in 2019 here in my area of CT. I am sure there are districts that have it the week before us as well.

I went Easter once and never again. 1999, we got engaged the week before in Disney. Went to the parks all week. By Thursday I noticed more people as I did Friday. Saturday, we left the MK at 10. Now in all my years going, I had never left the MK before closing which was usually around 1am. I couldn’t take it. We flew home on Easter. I vowed never to return on Easter or for any holiday (although I’d love to go on July 4th and stay in a bungalow when I hit lotto).

It has been a number of years now, but when I was there at Easter time, the crowds at MK grew as the morning progressed, so by around noon it was really packed. We went early, left around mid-day, and then returned early evening. With scheduled fast passes you might now be able to extend a morning visit pain free by using lines for attractions at first, and scheduling the fast passes for late morning/early afternoon.

Some school districts schedule off the week after Easter regardless of how early or late it is, while others opt for a certain week, like the second week of April every year, and then there are all sorts of variations in betweeen!

I think the week before and after Easter are going to be much lower this year than previous years. With it being so late, a bunch of the schools are not doing spring break attached to Easter next year. I know our's in Virginia are not. This is good for us because the price for our Spring Break trip (Univeral and a DCL) is about 2/3rds of what a normal Spring Break would be for us.

Keep in mind Easter Sunday itself will probably still be in the top 10 most crowded days of the year. People still like to go that day, even if it isn't associated with Spring Break.

Easter is late next year.

I think the week after Easter will be much lighter than when Easter falls in March etc.

Thanks all. I changed our reservations to arrive on the 22nd (our anniversary) instead of the 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!