Eat at Home 3!

Week two begins...lol! We did really well this past week! I'm kinda proud of us! My husband retired so we have a lot more free time. We are out and about a bit more so the option to grab breakfast/lunch /dinner out is tempting. Did pretty well considering...I am posting what we spent eating out last week for any meal just to keep me accountable. It helps me to stay on track :flower1: We ate at Wendy's once with the two of the 4/$4 meal so that wasn't too bad. A $5 McDonalds run off their dollar menu. We also went to an Open Mic night to hear some music and ended up paying $25 for some appetizers, a glass of wine, and a beer. Now, that may seem like a lot so some but here in NY one meal out runs no less than $40!

This weeks menu...
Friday-Crispy Siracha Honey Chicken drumsticks, salad, roasted acorn squash
Saturday-Tuscan white bean pasta, green salad
Sunday- Crockpot Pineapple meatballs over rice
Monday-Ranch pork chops, sautéed green and yellow squash
Tuesday-Pasta with 5 ingredient Butter Tomato sauce, green salad
Wednesday-Chicken Lanzone (never made it last week)
Thursday-Italian sausage Tortellini vegetable soup

Blessed weekend everyone!!:love:

Two week plan!
Breakfast: Yogurt, bananas, or oatmeal
Lunch: Leftovers, sandwiches, or pasta salad

Sunday: Frozen pizza and salad
Monday: (off) Easy lentil, sweet potato, and coconut curry with rice and naan
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Dragon Noodles with vegetables
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Steak, sautéed mushrooms, and roasted green beans

Sunday: Tuna Noodle Casserole
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Pork/pepper/onion/black bean tacos
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Salmon with brown sugar glaze and parmesan roasted cauliflower

Back at it again.. Another week, another menu.

Friday- We didn’t make the pizza earlier in the week. We are having a family movie night tonight and my sister is joining us for homemade pizzas and salad.

Saturday- leftovers

Sunday- chili and homemade bread and salad

Monday- Pasta bolognese (spaghetti squash for me)

Tuesday- Basketball night, so we need something quick.. pancakes, scrambled eggs and fruit

Wednesday - wraps (ground beef, cheese, veggies, sour cream)

Thursday - Baked Chicken Thighs, sweet potatoes, green beans

Friday- Shepards pie and potato leek soup

Saturday - babysitting my nephew overnight at his house.. my sister in law will make supper and leave it for us.

Sunday- Fried rice with veggies and pork, dumplings.

Last edited:
Saturday- Chinese takeout
Sunday - chicken and peppers, corn,
Monday- kielbasa and beans over rice
Tuesday - Italian tortellini soup
Wednesday- cauliflower soup
Thursday - roast chicken with carrots and potatoes
Friday - leftovers

I had fun at HMart today...more new produce and foods I've never used that I'm gonna give a try (best way to stay out of the Jan rut - try something new). For me, that's Green Papaya, Masoor Dal, and Wawa Choy this week:)...here's my plan...crockpot and "stew" heavy with the weather...

Sun - Crockpot Korean Marinated Pork Butt and Wawa Choy Stew (with Onions, Carrots, and Celery) over White Rice, Green Papaya and Carrot Salad (Clementines for kids)
Mon - Crockpot Lamb Shoulder and Masoor Dal Korma (Jarred Korma Sauce, Coconut Milk, Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Carrots), Sliced Apples
Tues - Chinese Eggplant and Zucchini Ratatouille over Orzo with Crumbled Italian Sausage on Top, Sliced Strawberries
Wed - Citron Tea Marinated Baked Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Bok Choy, Sliced Apples/Clementines
Thurs - Day of Leftovers - I'll make a fruit muffin and smoothie to go with any choices:)
Fri - Day of Easy - Boys have asked for Hot Dogs, so I'll make Boiled Hot Dogs, Baked Curly Fries, and Leftover Fruit (Might be a date night for Mediterranean for spouse and I to use up a Groupon since we haven't had any dates since Thanksgiving b/c of illness/holidays/weather/family trips:(, so this would actually work great, but I have to make sure weather cooperates!)
Sat - OUT (We have to make 2 dozen hardboiled eggs and a dessert for 12 for the Church homeless shelter week, plus drop off 5-10 lbs of fruit and oatmeal for 40...so we'll do all that work, and then go out for a nice meal, so I don't have to clean my kitchen twice)

Monday: Pizza roll ups (https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/12/pizza-roll-ups/), jalapeno poppers, boneless buffalo chicken wings
Tuesday: Mac and cheese, broccoli, garlic knots
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Spaghetti with red sauce and meatballs from the freezer, salad
Friday: It's my last day at my current job before I start my new one next week (which I am SO excited about!) so we are going out to celebrate!!!!party:
Saturday: Going to a country music concert with some friends. Not sure-probably will get something there at the concert
Sunday: Pickle brined chicken fingers (https://www.skinnytaste.com/pickle-brined-baked-chicken-tenders/), cucumber and tomato slices and carrot sticks with ranch dressing

Back from nearly 3 weeks vacation over the holidays, staying with ILS and need to restock the fridge now!

Thurs- Pork and tofu stirfry
Fri- spaghetti with cauliflower sauce and veg
Sat- miso eggplant hotpot
Sun- leftovers, out for a barbecue for lunch
Mon- spaghetti and meat/bean balls
Tues- filo parcels
Wed-leftovers
Thurs- sate pork/tofu and broccoli
Fri- cauliflower chickpeas with chapatis
Sat- bhuna dal

I just got back from the grocery and finished putting up the groceries. I must say I've never been to the grocery store on a Saturday night because I've been told shelves would be pretty much empty and stuff out (meats, veggies, etc.) would have been put out a few days ago. But I must say, the shelves were pretty full, and there was a stocker on every aisle putting stuff out. That being said, I spent $85 (that cost included other essentials like bathrooms essentials, things like detergent, etc. So it wasn't an all food cost.). With that in mind, here's what I got

Sunday - tacos or spaghetti and meatballs, green beans or rice (depending on entree)
Monday - ham steak, potatoes or baked beans
Tuesday - either spaghetti and meatballs or tacos, green beans or rice (again depending on entree)
Wednesday - homemade pizza, corn
Thursday - hot ham and cheese sandwiches, fried okra
Friday - might have dinner out as I have to work that night
Saturday - sausage wraps, mac an cheese

Lunches will be a mixture of leftovers, sandwiches, canned soups, hot pockets, etc.
Breakfasts will consist of either oatmeal or pop tarts and orange juice.

Need to get back at this. Made a huge grocery trip on Friday and then ate out both Friday and Sat night ...:rolleyes1ughh

Sunday - London Broil, Baked Potato, asparagus, garden salad.

Monday - Angus Hamburgers , Baked Beans, Baked French Fries, Fruit Salad

Tues - Indian Butter Chicken, Basmati Rice, roasted rutabega, orange salad

Wed- Having knee surgery so DH will have to handle dinner!

Thurs- Moms bringing dinner

Last week was thrown off a bit again. Out out to eat habits are better than before, but still plenty of room for improvement. Onward and upward.

Breakfasts: Cereal, bacon and eggs, kodiak cakes, muffins
Lunches: Leftovers, OYO

Sunday: Green chili chicken enchiladas
Monday: Tamales and Spanish rice
Tuesday: Hawaiian Chicken and rice
Wednesday: Roast and veggies
Thursday: Red chili stacks
Friday: Out for son's birthday weekend
Saturday: Pizza party at house for son's birthday

Have a great week everyone!!

I used to post on this thread when it was fairly new. I would create my meal plan and post it weekly and it really helped keep me accountable. Also, many of the recipes I make now I found on this thread. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon for several years while working multiple jobs and trying to earn my bachelors and spent way too much eating out. I am in my last class and will be done with school in March. I am *trying* to get back into making meal plans, eating home and keeping myself accountable, so here I am again. Some times it is really difficult as I work 7p-7a and 2p-10p often. When I work 2p-10p, I need to have meals that my kids can fix themselves. My older daughter would eat crock pot meals or left overs, but my younger is so picky, there is very little she will eat. It is challenging and I often cringe when I find out what she ate for dinner. I try to limit 2-10 to maximum 3 days a week for this reason. My husband is vegan so he basically prepares his own meals.

Last weeks meals included:
-Monday: Pasta and meatballs (sauce was made over the summer and frozen, meatballs were store made and frozen)
-Tuesday: Pampered chef brown butter tortellini with spinach and ham: https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe...wn+Butter+Tortellini+with+Spinach+&+Ham/76808
-Wednesday: Tacos (kids made for themselves)
-Thursday: older daughter made herself a frozen pizza, younger one peanut butter sandwich
-Friday: Pioneer woman Italian chicken sheet pan (new recipe for us, was really good): http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/italian-chicken-sheet-pan-supper/
-Saturday: left over Italian sheet pan chicken and pasta and meatballs
-Sunday (today): will grill some chicken that has been marinating in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade (my kids love this marinade), cucumbers and tomatoes, maybe white rice?

We did eat out on Monday for lunch to celebrate our anniversary, sandwiches at a local bagel shop for lunch on Saturday and we are meeting another couple for dinner tomorrow night.

Haven't posted in a while, December was so crazy and DH was out of town for work for most of the month so I got thrown off track a bit, there were a lot of nights where I cooked something simple for the kids and had a salad or soup for myself. Back to the meal planning, I've been at this for years now and I really feel it helps me to have everything bought and ready to go each night so im not tempted to stop for takeout

Sunday - chili with lots of toppings, cornbread

Monday - Movie night with family, created menu to go along with The Princess Bride

Tuesday - Korean beef, rice and green beans

Wednesday - Slowcooker BBQ shredded chicken sandwiches, pasta salad

Thursday - Creamy tomato and spinach pasta, salad

Friday - pizza night

Saturday - baked potato soup (Disneyland recipe) paninis

I had fun at HMart today...more new produce and foods I've never used that I'm gonna give a try (best way to stay out of the Jan rut - try something new). For me, that's Green Papaya, Masoor Dal, and Wawa Choy this week:)...here's my plan...crockpot and "stew" heavy with the weather...

Sun - Crockpot Korean Marinated Pork Butt and Wawa Choy Stew (with Onions, Carrots, and Celery) over White Rice, Green Papaya and Carrot Salad (Clementines for kids)
Mon - Crockpot Lamb Shoulder and Masoor Dal Korma (Jarred Korma Sauce, Coconut Milk, Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Carrots), Sliced Apples
Tues - Chinese Eggplant and Zucchini Ratatouille over Orzo with Crumbled Italian Sausage on Top, Sliced Strawberries
Wed - Citron Tea Marinated Baked Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Bok Choy, Sliced Apples/Clementines
Thurs - Day of Leftovers - I'll make a fruit muffin and smoothie to go with any choices:)
Fri - Day of Easy - Boys have asked for Hot Dogs, so I'll make Boiled Hot Dogs, Baked Curly Fries, and Leftover Fruit (Might be a date night for Mediterranean for spouse and I to use up a Groupon since we haven't had any dates since Thanksgiving b/c of illness/holidays/weather/family trips:(, so this would actually work great, but I have to make sure weather cooperates!)
Sat - OUT (We have to make 2 dozen hardboiled eggs and a dessert for 12 for the Church homeless shelter week, plus drop off 5-10 lbs of fruit and oatmeal for 40...so we'll do all that work, and then go out for a nice meal, so I don't have to clean my kitchen twice)

I only skipped the Citron Marinated chicken, switching that for Sirloin Steak/Onion/Pepper/Zucchini fajitas...everything else was the same and WILDLY successful (more than I thought it'd be)...even when I used Black Olives in my Ratatouille (and my family usually hates them), they all said it was my best version of the dish (with the sausage over orzo) ever...so I have those open olives and some more plans for this week:)...

Sun (E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!) Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Carrots and Celery Sticks with Blue Cheese, Blueberries and Kiwi, Sweet Hawaiian rolls (stupid good deal for these at Aldi's, so kids get again! And the chicken tenders were also a great deal))...
Mon - Homemade Teriyaki Glazed Baked Chicken Tenders, White Rice, Sauteed Bok Choy (this was also skipped last week), Apples and Pears
Tues - Chicken Fried Rice with Egg/Carrot/Scallion/Leftover Bok Choy and Teriyaki Chicken, Clementines and Mango
Wed - Crockpot Beef and Beer (gonna try a few olives here) over Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Acorn Squash, (Blueberries for kids who skip squash)
Thurs (teens here) - Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, Roasted Broccoli, Fresh Fruit Salad
Fri - $5 deal day protein - Probably Italian Hoagies, Fruit Smoothies (last of fruits), Chips (and any leftovers of mac or beef)...
Sat - OUT

I may change one day (if no leftovers or no time) for a frozen cod butter chicken dish (butter chicken sauce goes well over white fish, too...and I have this fish to get rid of) or to add in my last week citron tea chicken...but this is the "main idea" plan...

Monday: Sausage and gnocchi soup, salad
Tuesday: Honey and spice baked chicken, broccoli, corn
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Black bean, corn, tomato and cheese quesadillas, chips and salsa
Friday: Slow cooker mac and cheese, salad
Saturday>Sunday: My inlaws will be in town, and we always cook and eat in. Not sure what we are making (We usually decide and shop the day of)

Sunday - grilled Hawaiian chicken, white rice, salad
Monday - out to eat Mexican, another family treated us
Tuesday - kids fed themselves, my job fed me
Wednesday - corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes
Thursday - kids fed themselves, my job fed me
Friday - Meatloaf, honey roasted red potatoes, roasted asparagus, chocolate cake

A full time 11:30p-7:30a position opened, I'm pretty sure I will get it, and that will fix the kids feeding themselves garbage while I work evenings problem. While I don't like working nights, it is more conducive to having school age children than evening shift is.

Saturday- burgers,baked fries
Sunday - chicken wings, celery/carrots, baked "fried" zucchini sticks
Monday - chili over sweet potatoes
Tuesday- cube steak, rice, green beans
Wednesday- frittata with peppers, potatoes and spinach, grits
Thursday - tikka masala, rice, naan
Friday - taco spaghetti

Sunday and Monday are the end of our son's weekend birthday celebration. It's been a blast celebrating him, but I'm definitely over going out to eat. Starting Whole30 on Tuesday, so lots of food prepping and home cooking going on this week. Hopefully.

Sunday: Dunkin Donuts / Chili's / leftover pizza
Monday: Krispy Kreme (taking to son's school for class birthday celebration) / leftovers / leftovers
Tuesday: Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon / chicken bacon salad / taco salad
Wednesday: Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon / Leftover taco salad / Egg roll in a bowl
Thursday: Sausage and bell peppers / Leftover egg roll in a bowl / Italian meatballs and zoodles
Friday: Sausage and bell peppers / Leftover meatballs and zoodles / Chipotle
Saturday: Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon / Leftover Chipotle / Slow cooker rotisserie chicken and roasted veggies

All Whole30 compliant:

Today: Paleo Crockpot Chili
Monday: Chicken tikka masala over cauliflower rice
Tuesday: Prosciutto wrapped frittata muffins and salad
Wednesday: Pot Roast with root vegetables
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Baby back ribs and brussels sprout slaw
Saturday: Chicken and date salad over greens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter