Eat at Home 3!

I have to learn to meal prep.... Yesterday was such a hectic day then sat in traffic for over 2 hrs to just have to get back in the car within 30 min of being home when sis in laws car broke down and then we stayed out so long I was too tired to cook... So we did the drive through thing and I ruined my keto diet... :(

Don't get discouraged. It was one day...just one. It is hard to change a lifestyle. You can do it!

Well...We just got back from visiting the dd last night. Last night I did a quick look in the cupboards and freezer to see what we had, I did a quick online grocery shop so all I have to do today is drive up to the building and they will bring my groceries out to me. It is just soooo convenient on weekends when we are travelling and I can't get to the grocery store.

Monday ( tonight ) soup and sandwiches as the dh and I have kick boxing tonight
Tuesday ( working ) they will have spaghetti and meatsauce
Wednesday - honey garlic chicken, oven baked potato/sweet potato wedges, oven roasted asparagus and some sort of salad.
Thursday ( working ) smokies and perogies
Friday - pizza and salad.

We have not been to the grocery store in over 2 weeks, so our cupboards are probably pretty empty. But we have to scrounge by because we're leaving for Disney on Friday. So I'm not really sure what we'll do. I know I will be working late tonight (until sometime between 10-11) and tomorrow and DW works late (after 9 p.m) tomorrow and Wednesday. So Thursday is the only night we'll have dinner together, but we don't want to cook since we're leaving for 10 days on Friday. So not really sure what we'll do. Will probably be some combination of canned soups, nachos, maybe ham wraps (have tortillas we need to use by the 9th). Plus, I can make those things quickly when either of us gets home at 9 or 10 p.m. or later. We also got some of those precooked chicken breasts on our last shopping trip. So might use those in a wrap or with some type of vegetable. I'm not going to make a list as I have no idea what we're doing on what nights, but that's it in a nutshell. It's just going to be a hodgepodge of meals this week.

We have not been to the grocery store in over 2 weeks, so our cupboards are probably pretty empty. But we have to scrounge by because we're leaving for Disney on Friday. So I'm not really sure what we'll do. I know I will be working late tonight (until sometime between 10-11) and tomorrow and DW works late (after 9 p.m) tomorrow and Wednesday. So Thursday is the only night we'll have dinner together, but we don't want to cook since we're leaving for 10 days on Friday. So not really sure what we'll do. Will probably be some combination of canned soups, nachos, maybe ham wraps (have tortillas we need to use by the 9th). Plus, I can make those things quickly when either of us gets home at 9 or 10 p.m. or later. We also got some of those precooked chicken breasts on our last shopping trip. So might use those in a wrap or with some type of vegetable. I'm not going to make a list as I have no idea what we're doing on what nights, but that's it in a nutshell. It's just going to be a hodgepodge of meals this week.
This sounds like us before a trip. I usually use the few weeks before to buy as little as possible and use up what we have. It makes for some interesting meals :rolleyes:. Or everyone ends up having something different.

Well...We just got back from visiting the dd last night. Last night I did a quick look in the cupboards and freezer to see what we had, I did a quick online grocery shop so all I have to do today is drive up to the building and they will bring my groceries out to me. It is just soooo convenient on weekends when we are travelling and I can't get to the grocery store.

Monday ( tonight ) soup and sandwiches as the dh and I have kick boxing tonight
Tuesday ( working ) they will have spaghetti and meatsauce
Wednesday - honey garlic chicken, oven baked potato/sweet potato wedges, oven roasted asparagus and some sort of salad.
Thursday ( working ) smokies and perogies
Friday - pizza and salad.

I’ve never used one of the online shop services. They are pretty new in this area.I just found out they are getting the service at a store I like that is on the way home from DH’s work. I like to go out and shop but on those crazy hectic weeks where we can barely make it to the store I think it would be great to make an order from home and get DH to stop and grab it on the way home from work. It’s definitely going to come in handy at some point.

I’ve never used one of the online shop services. They are pretty new in this area.I just found out they are getting the service at a store I like that is on the way home from DH’s work. I like to go out and shop but on those crazy hectic weeks where we can barely make it to the store I think it would be great to make an order from home and get DH to stop and grab it on the way home from work. It’s definitely going to come in handy at some point.

I do love the service. I use Superstore to do it. It is a great time saver...especially when we are so busy on weekends with other things, I can't get the weekly grocery shopping done. The hubby thinks it's a " waste of time" :rolleyes: because the amount of time I wait for them to bring my groceries to the car, I could have been in and out of the store. He has NEVER went into the grocery stores after work and doesn't know what a gong show it is. So, I will spend the 3-5 dollars for this service and sit in my car reading a book or looking at my phone while waiting. :rolleyes1:flower1: It has truly been a life, sanity and energy saver for me.

Just home from our trip and decided to wait til tomorrow to shop, since my mom has sent me home with some close-to-overripe produce, since she wouldn't use it...here's what I made tonight...
Mon - Homemade Poor Man's Spaghetti in White Clam Sauce with Added Frozen Mussels out of the shell (these were PERFECT to protein the dish up with zero effort - I didn't even defrost them), Roasted Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes, Frozen Breadsticks, Grape/Blueberry/Blackberry Smoothies

Haven't been on in so long! Just started working this week from home while still home schooling so really need a food plan now more than ever since I can't run out during the day

so far this week
Monday pork loin zucchini and rice
Tuesday meatloaf carrots and oven roasted potatoes
Wednesday kids Mac and cheese parents date night while kids are at awana sushi for us!
Thursday American chop souy and prom dress shopping for oldest!
Friday buffalo chicken casserole
Saturday kids are sleeping over grandmas so date night for us!
Sunday food shop day and ham dinner yum! with corn bread and a veggie

Last edited:
Just home from our trip and decided to wait til tomorrow to shop, since my mom has sent me home with some close-to-overripe produce, since she wouldn't use it...here's what I made tonight...
Mon - Homemade Poor Man's Spaghetti in White Clam Sauce with Added Frozen Mussels out of the shell (these were PERFECT to protein the dish up with zero effort - I didn't even defrost them), Roasted Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes, Frozen Breadsticks, Grape/Blueberry/Blackberry Smoothies

So, I kinda went with it this week...figure I'll plan next week tomorrow, but this is what we did the rest of the week...had some people a little under the weather, so it was pretty homey and easy the end of the week...
Tues - Lemon Dill Baked Fresh Salmon Filets, Spinach and Strawberry Balsamic Salad, Baked Onion Rings
Wed (out all afternoon) - Stouffer's Meat Lasagna, Strawberries/Bananas
Thurs - Crockpot Beef and Beer Sandwiches on Tolero Rolls (used Bottom Round, Onions, Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, and Garlic), Creamed Spinach (used coconut milk as the "creaming" ingredient), Sliced Mango and Banana
Fri - Deli Subs (got 6 for $10, so couldn't turn down the ease and no transfer of germs), Lemon/Lime Bread Pudding (very light on sugar), Strawberries
Sat - Deli Fried Chicken (8 pieces for $3.50 - son asked for this, and I couldn't beat the price and ease) and Frozen BBQ Pizza (one main dish choice/person since each one is enough for 4 folks), Roasted Honey Balsamic Baby Carrots, Mango/Banana/Coconut Milk Smoothie (using up last of these before my shop tomorrow)

I'll post my next menu tomorrow:)...

So starting this week, I get to now work at home 2 days a week! I am super excited about this. It's a trial period to see if it could be something we offer all employees in the long run,but I was chosen to try it for 3 months. I will save so much money on gas and so much time with no commute (average 45 mins one way) and being able to make meals here at home. I am very much looking forward to this.

Also, the greek chicken burgers I made this past week... OMG SO GOOD!!!!

So my plan this week:
Breakfast: Yogurt, english muffins, breakfast sandwiches, hardboiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken and tuna salad, pasta salad, leftovers, chicken sandwiches
Dinners:
Saturday: Meatloaf, roasted green beans, rolls
Sunday: Grandma's birthday
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) L/O
Wednesday: (WFH) Steak, baked potato, roasted squash
Thursday: Eggs, sausage, and toast
Friday: 15 minute spicy udon with vegetables and kimchi
Saturday: L/O

Sunday: Katsudon
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: Salmon with brown sugar and mustard glaze, roasted squash
Wednesday: (WFH) Pulled pork with white BBQ sauce
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Either breakfast for dinner or a frozen lasagna I have

I have been loving this Monday to Friday job thing. I have only gone out for dinner once and that was preplanned with my new coworkers. Tonight I am just doing leftovers

This week’s plans

Sunday- ribs with baked sweet potatoes and corn
Monday- grilled cheese and tomato soup
Tuesday- tacos
Wednesday- peanut chicken stir fry
Thursday- lemon chicken fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli and salad (girls night at my house)
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- Salisbury steak meatballs with noodles and salad

Finally planning ahead again! Tomatoes were on an awesome sale ($1.29 for 24 oz, or about 86 cents/lb), so I bought 3 lbs to deal with this week:). Also, I got 2 packages of single meal boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.50/lb, so we're doing chicken. And we're back to all our activities, so this will be planned through the week...

Sun (late Church/choir) - Uncured All Beef Hot Dogs (always all beef - I kinda hate those new blends with chicken, so I do stock up and freeze these when I see them) with Zucchini Relish and Brown Mustard, Tomato Slices with Fresh Chives and a Red Wine Vinegrette, Strawberries
Mon - Citrus Tea Glazed Baked Chicken Breast, Fried Polenta Slices with a Fresh Tomato Topping, Roasted Asparagus, Red Grapes
Tues - Chicken Fajitas (Onions/Peppers) with Diced Avocado/Diced Tomato/Cheddar/Lime Topping, Clementines
Wed - Baked All-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Tomato Sauce, Roasted Baby Carrots
Thurs - Sloppy Joes (having teens over, so simple it is), Baked French Fries, Sliced Pears and Apples
Fri - Leftovers with Fruit Smoothies (if no leftovers, I'll do Frozen Chinese Dumplings)
Sat - Out (Using our Red Robin GCs from Black Friday - we have accumulated 2 months worth, so that's gonna pay the full bill) - we'll hit the mall afterward, so the kids can have a nice "evening out" (since we'll probably have 2 date days the next 2 weekends for a dinner and then the Avengers)...

happy Monday!

yesterday I did shopping and meal prep. had a Nice big ham dinner yesterday so plenty of left over ham and corn bread and Mac and cheese
also made 3 types of home made ice cream yum!
tonight Cobb salads
Tuesday homemade pizzas on plain one bbq chicken
Wednesday kids want French toast and dh and I get to go out for sushi while they go to awana
Thursday hot dogs and pasta salad
Friday not 100% sure yet but thinking something with hamburger

Today the weather is cold, rainy and gloomy, so I will concede and make "winter" food for my DH.

I went and got a pot roast this morning and put it in the crockpot. I'll make mashed potatoes and a steam bag of mixed veggies, with a baguette I got this morning as well.

DD has to be to work by 4, and she bought herself a PubSub, so I'm sure she'll have that.
No training tonight, fields are closed.
I'll serve the boys the pot roast and I'm sure they'll act like their dying. DS12 really dislikes mashed potatoes, so if I'm feeling extra nice, I'll pop a baked potato in the microwave for him

Menu Plan Week of 4/9
Monday - taco salads
Tuesday- cube steak, mashed potatoes and yellow squash
Tuesday - eggs, sausage and grits
Wednesday- spaghetti and zucchini
Thursday- stuffed chicken cutlets, broccoli, rice
Friday - pork roast, sweet potatoes and green beans

Just back from a spring break trip so the theme for this week is "healthier" meals :)

Sun - grilled chicken, mashed cauliflower, greek salad
Mon - grilled chicken fajitas, avocado/tomato salad
Tues - leftovers
Wed - spinach and cheese stuffed shells
Thurs - grilled shrimp, couscous, steamed broccoli
Fri - TBD, will probably eat out

We committed to purchase half of a grass fed cow, so I am clearing out the freezer.

Spaghetti leftovers with green beans
Chicken stir fry on rice
Steak tacos, two freezer veggies
Chef salad
Breakfast, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy
Soup bean with country ham bits, two freezer veggies

This will wipe out all our freezer meat (except my fish), and a whole lot of bulky vegetables.

Back from Portland and back to meal planning! I'm good through Friday, haha.
-
Today: Black bean burgers and sweet potato fries
Thursday: Cheese enchiladas with red sauce, refied beans, mexican rice
Friday: Cheese and beef tortellini, red sauce for H, Alfredo for me, side salad, blueberries and raspberries

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter