Eat at Home 3!

yesterday night the weather was actually decent, so I knew I wanted to grill dinner.

We had a new Lidl grocery store open here. I used to shop them a lot when we lived overseas.

Grilled teriyaki chicken breasts
grilled fresh pineapple
flavored rice
fresh green beans - steamed
baguette

DD had to be to work early, so I grilled her chicken and pineapple when she got home from school. She had that before she went to work
The rest of us got to eat dinner together before the boys had training. Neither of the boys like Teriyaki, so I did their "usual" light drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, sprinkle of garlic powder.

Everyone ate all their dinner.

Friday- Garlic and dijon mustard pork roast in the crockpot, roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower and asparagus
Saturday- Buffalo chicken bites, salad, baked potatoes
Sunday -TBD, might be dinner at my parents
Monday- Greek lemon chicken thighs and potatoes, salad
Tuesday- Spaghetti bolognese
Wednesday- Homemade pizzas
Thursday- BBQ chicken breast, carrots and Parmesan noodles.
Friday - Will be leaving at noon for basketball tournament out of town. I think we will probably eat out Friday night. Saturday will be team potluck at the hotel.

Last edited:
Menu Plan - Week of 4/14
Saturday - hamburgers/hot dogs, baked beans, coleslaw
Sunday - steaks, baked potatoes, beets
Monday - angel chicken over rice, broccoli
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- shrimp stir fry
Thursday - pot roast, carrots and potatoes
Friday - out to eat

I meant to post this before but I forgot with everything else that has been happening. Aldi has removed Soy Flour from many of their breads and baked goods! Their basic sandwich breads, buns, and rolls seem to now be safe for me to eat! They even have a "Hawaiian roll" that is soy free! On my next trip I will check some of their other items as well.

Finally planning ahead again! Tomatoes were on an awesome sale ($1.29 for 24 oz, or about 86 cents/lb), so I bought 3 lbs to deal with this week:). Also, I got 2 packages of single meal boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.50/lb, so we're doing chicken. And we're back to all our activities, so this will be planned through the week...

Sun (late Church/choir) - Uncured All Beef Hot Dogs (always all beef - I kinda hate those new blends with chicken, so I do stock up and freeze these when I see them) with Zucchini Relish and Brown Mustard, Tomato Slices with Fresh Chives and a Red Wine Vinegrette, Strawberries
Mon - Citrus Tea Glazed Baked Chicken Breast, Fried Polenta Slices with a Fresh Tomato Topping, Roasted Asparagus, Red Grapes
Tues - Chicken Fajitas (Onions/Peppers) with Diced Avocado/Diced Tomato/Cheddar/Lime Topping, Clementines
Wed - Baked All-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Tomato Sauce, Roasted Baby Carrots
Thurs - Sloppy Joes (having teens over, so simple it is), Baked French Fries, Sliced Pears and Apples
Fri - Leftovers with Fruit Smoothies (if no leftovers, I'll do Frozen Chinese Dumplings)
Sat - Out (Using our Red Robin GCs from Black Friday - we have accumulated 2 months worth, so that's gonna pay the full bill) - we'll hit the mall afterward, so the kids can have a nice "evening out" (since we'll probably have 2 date days the next 2 weekends for a dinner and then the Avengers)...

I skipped Wednesday's meal and made a Crockpot Tofu and Asian Black Bean saute (with onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, garlic, some garlic hoisin sauce, and soy sauce)...no recipe for this, but I had a can of Bush's Asian Bean from our TN trip and a container of tofu from lent that needed using, and this really, really worked. I threw in leftover rice from a previous meal and served it as is with fruit on the side...so this means I still have the stuffed shells:)...and here's this week's plan...

Sun (late Church/choir) - Baked All-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Tomato Sauce, Caprese Salad, Strawberries/Blueberries (these cook over 60 minutes, so I think I can toss them in before we leave and grab them when we get home - that's the plan:)
Mon - Beef and Fresh Veg Stir Fry (got a great sale on snap peas, green beans, and bell pepper, so I'll toss in some green onion, garlic, and soy, and call it a day:), White Rice, Clementines
Tues - Chicken Enchiladas, Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Blueberries/Blackberries
Wed (out ALL day) - Crockpot Tikka Masala Chicken with Fresh Veg (Radish Greens, Baby Radish, Onion, Bell Pepper, Tomato), Leftover Rice, Mango/Banana
Thurs - Baked Lamb Meatballs, Homemade Tzatziki Sauce, Arugula Salad, Double Berry Muffins
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, we'll do Frozen Pizza)
Sat - OUT (Date night for spouse and I, fast food/pizza for kids - we are gonna hit a local Chinese place with a Groupon)

This week I am planning...
Alfredo
Peppered pork loin
Pineapple pork loin
Kung pao chicken
Lemon pepper chicken
Fried chicken
Pot roast

I have ton of fresh veggies to add to all these meats.

Week of 4/16:

Mon - Broiled salmon, baby red potatoes, brussel sprouts
Tues - Chicken, black bean, and avocado quesadillas
Wed - Baked ziti, garlic bread,
Thurs - Chicken tikka masala, white rice, peas
Fri - out for anniversary dinner :)

I skipped Wednesday's meal and made a Crockpot Tofu and Asian Black Bean saute (with onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, garlic, some garlic hoisin sauce, and soy sauce)...no recipe for this, but I had a can of Bush's Asian Bean from our TN trip and a container of tofu from lent that needed using, and this really, really worked.
Sounds interesting - I've never used beans in an Asian style dish- will need to look out for those!

Back from our spring break trip - had to totally restock the fridge - we had done a good job of using up what we had before we left! Hit the asian market, so I have tons of great veggies to use this week.

S- Asian braised chicken thighs, rice, pea shoots
M- Stir fry with last night's leftover chicken, plus rice noodles, bok choi, red pepper, napa cabbage. Maybe add some peanuts?
Tu- Chicken Tikka with chickpeas and roasted cauliflower, cous cous
W- Tofu Scramble (tofu, diced pepperoni, zuccini, tomato sauce over spaghetti)
Th- Pulled pork sandwiches, napa cabbage slaw
F- Burritos - black beans, whatever veggies are left from the week, pulled pork, if there is any left from Thursday.
Sa- Homemade Pizza - topping TBD

Sounds interesting - I've never used beans in an Asian style dish- will need to look out for those!

Back from our spring break trip - had to totally restock the fridge - we had done a good job of using up what we had before we left! Hit the asian market, so I have tons of great veggies to use this week.

S- Asian braised chicken thighs, rice, pea shoots
M- Stir fry with last night's leftover chicken, plus rice noodles, bok choi, red pepper, napa cabbage. Maybe add some peanuts?
Tu- Chicken Tikka with chickpeas and roasted cauliflower, cous cous
W- Tofu Scramble (tofu, diced pepperoni, zuccini, tomato sauce over spaghetti)
Th- Pulled pork sandwiches, napa cabbage slaw
F- Burritos - black beans, whatever veggies are left from the week, pulled pork, if there is any left from Thursday.
Sa- Homemade Pizza - topping TBD

The Bush's Asian beans were a special type we got on our Pigeon Forge trip last year (straight from the Bush's Bean factory) - they were a limited-time offering, so I don't know if you'll find them on shelves:). My spouse is kinda bummed b/c that was the last can of any beans we had from that trip (we also had gotten a few cans of Siracha and Jamaican styles). Although, I'll also be buying more if I ever see them on my local shelves.

PS - That was a really nice little museum to visit, since it was free and they had a heckuva cool souvenir store:)...

Rest of the week.
---------
Today: Chicken fingers, corn, green beans
Tomorrow: I have my workout class. Taking baked ziti out of the freezer and will pick up some kind of fruit on the way home.
Thursday: Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, leftover fruit, biscuits
Friday: Appetizer night-mini pretzel bites, jalapeno poppers, chips and salsa, boneless buffalo wings
Saturday: Either leftovers or going out
Sunday: Frozen pizza and salad.

Sunday forced myself to shop even though it was icy and cold come on spring!
I made a homemade salsa and jalapeño dip for snacks
Monday we had chicken zucchini and baked potatoes
Tuesday spaghetti sauce in the crock pot
Wednesday homemade pizza plain and bbq chicken
Thursday cowboy lasagna
Friday maybe waffles maybe meatballs haven't decided yet
Saturday we are at a wedding

I'm intrigued....what is cowboy lasagna?
its lasagna with hamburger sausage mushrooms and pepperoni layered with noodles and cheese mix of your choice and a more chunky tomato sauce my husband does not like ricotta so I go very light and mix it sour cream and mozzarella cheese for the sauce its one can fire roasted diced tomatoes and a can of crushed tomatoes

its lasagna with hamburger sausage mushrooms and pepperoni layered with noodles and cheese mix of your choice and a more chunky tomato sauce my husband does not like ricotta so I go very light and mix it sour cream and mozzarella cheese for the sauce its one can fire roasted diced tomatoes and a can of crushed tomatoes
Sounds yummy!

Today it is sunny, but temps have dropped quiet a bit, so I can still grill outside

DS12 requested grilled pork chops & fresh yellow corn cobs
I'll also make mac n cheese and take some pasta out for DS12 before the cheese
also thinking about maybe a small can of baked beans for me & DH
fresh baguette
Then off to training after dinner

Ugh... had a failure!

Tonight was supposed to be salmon with roasted squash but I forgot to take the fish out of the freezer. So I picked up a burger and fries at 5 Guys.

Then when I got home, I was getting the cat food out of the pantry only to notice that the buns for the pulled pork tomorrow were moldy! Ugh!

So tomorrow night will be the salmon and then Thursday will most likely end up being hamburger helper or something like that. I am so frustrated!

Ugh... had a failure!

Tonight was supposed to be salmon with roasted squash but I forgot to take the fish out of the freezer. So I picked up a burger and fries at 5 Guys.

Then when I got home, I was getting the cat food out of the pantry only to notice that the buns for the pulled pork tomorrow were moldy! Ugh!

So tomorrow night will be the salmon and then Thursday will most likely end up being hamburger helper or something like that. I am so frustrated!

If you have a bag of frozen french fries, you can make pulled pork fries (have something light and fresh, like a coleslaw or fruit salad on the side and the meal is done) - these are amazing, and you may never go back to bread again - the internet has tons of recipes, but it's pretty much bake your fries, take your pulled pork and top them, and then add cheese/chives/sour cream/BBQ/whatever you like:)...

If you have a bag of frozen french fries, you can make pulled pork fries (have something light and fresh, like a coleslaw or fruit salad on the side and the meal is done) - these are amazing, and you may never go back to bread again - the internet has tons of recipes, but it's pretty much bake your fries, take your pulled pork and top them, and then add cheese/chives/sour cream/BBQ/whatever you like:)...
That actually sounds really good. No fries sadly, but I have more pulled pork in the freezer so will make those at some point as well!

Tonight will be hamburger helper and green beans. Not feeling 100% so something super easy is more important that anything else.

New meal plan ready to go! I will pick up what vegetables look good and are on sale at the store. Some mix if asparagus, brussels sprouts, green beans, and yellow squash/zucchini.

Breakfast will be PB crackers, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, and fruit.

Lunches will be sandwiches, salads, and leftovers.

Saturday: Frozen Pizza
Sunday: Pulled pork sandwiches with mac and cheese and slaw
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) "Meaty" mushroom sauce over rice/pasta and a vegetable
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O
Thursday: Asian glazed salmon with rice and a vegetable
Friday: Santa Fe chicken skillet with avocado and corn

Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Spaghetti with meat sauce and a vegetable
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) Braised pork ribs with rice and vegetables
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: KimChi fried rice

Menu Plan - Week of April 20th
Saturday- pot roast
Sunday - spaghetti with meatballs, peas
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - grilled brats, baked potato fries, coleslaw
Wednesday -eggs, sausage, grits, fruit
Thursday - pulled pork, baked beans, succotash, cornbread
Friday - pizza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter