Eat to the Beat Concert Series -------- Who are these bands?

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
DW and I are in our mid 50's and have been going to these concerts for many years. I can remember in years past as we went through the entire list of acts, we would want to see the majority of the bands booked, however, for the bands we did not want to see we still knew who they were.

With the schedule being released this week, we again went through the entire list. As a I called out the names, we looked at each other as if I was speaking a foreign language; we knew very little of them this year. As each year passes, our knowledge of the booked bands continue to fade. I just assumed we are not as "hip" as we once were.

I took the list to my job and read it to my co-workers. Their age range is 25 to 75.

The younger "cool kids" knew more than I did, however, I was shocked that is was not that many more.

So, is it just me or have the acts over the last several years been much lesser known/desirable than once before?

Last edited:
Any reason to think that Disney's pocketbook has gotten tighter and are unwilling to pay for the better known acts of the 70's, 80's, etc. that still tour? I can only assume Disney feels F&W would not suffer even if there were no concerts due to its overall popularity (See Summer Series Concerts).

Last edited:

I had to look up Toad the Wet Sprocket last year. About your age, no clue.

A little off this FW band topic... but what happened to the summer series concerts they used to have st Epcot?

A little off this FW band topic... but what happened to the summer series concerts they used to have st Epcot?
Sounds Like Summer was quietly "retired" this year-I'm assuming for financial reasons.

It is really sad-SLS added SO much to the Summer Epcot experience!

American Music Machine is taking the place of SLS this Summer-I like them,but not the same experience as SLS.

Interesting. I'm a tad older than the OP; while I've heard of 19 of the performers, I've only heard music from 12. Fourteen if you count Mmmbop and Who Let the Dogs Out

oooooo I actually wish I could go and see some of these people (if not most of them!). I'm in my mid 30's, and would die to see Hanson while at Disney. Yes, I know I'm crazy :P. Already seeing them in September in Nashville though. My mom would kill to see Kenny G lol. A ton of these bands are from the 90's, but there are a couple newer ones (I think one or two were on American Idol? I know I saw a song by Lauren Alaina on my itunes country chart today)

I'm the same age as the OP, and I don't think most of the acts are too obscure. I recognize many of the songs the Disney lists, if not the band's name.

That said, it's an eclectic mix. Disney obviously tries to book acts with as broad appeal as possible. It can't be easy, and I commend them for coming up with such an interesting roster.

P.S. I wish Taylor Dayne were playing during my trip. I was kinda bummed when I found out she would be the act for my 50th birthday celebration, but she was fantastic! If anyone reading this is there when she is playing, go see her. You'll be dazzled by how great her show is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter