Eat to the Beat Concert Series -------- Who are these bands?

They are great in person. I saw them at the Convention Center in Wildwood, NJ one time. Excellent show.

I can't even count how many times he's seen them - lol. But it has been quite time since the last so hes hating hat he was so close but so far! He's trying to get excited about Air Supply I think he said but I heard some sarcasm in his tone lol

I knew who most if not all of the bands are, and I'm in my 40s. However, I have been a big music buff since I was 4, when The Eagles "Take It to the Limit" was my favorite song. The only band that I am really disappointed to not see is 10,000 Maniacs. I have never seen them in concert. We will be there for Living Colour. I really want to see them; however, I have seen them before. I didn't listen to much "popular" music when I was a teen, or now for that matter I guess, so some of the bands aren't really my cup of tea, even though I know who they are.

I got curious (and a little worried) so I checked the list. I knew about 25 of these performers so I can't complain too much. ;)

I think the biggest factor why there are some unknown groups is the length of the festival and the finances of what Disney is paying them.I looked up the 2006 lineup and with the festival being only around 1 1/2 months back then there were 15 acts,this year the festival is a month longer and there are 32 acts,the most ever,there were 26 last year.This year a good amount of groups are only there 2 days,I'm assuming new and mediocre acts only there 2 days filing in the lineup comes cheaper than having more known acts playing 4 days.Several of the regular groups at the festival are still there(Starship,Billy Ocean,Dennis Deyoung,,Air Supply,Boys II Men,Hanson,Big Bad Voodo Daddy),there's some newer groups that have played recently that are pretty solid(Delta Rae,Plain White ts,Sugar Ray)a bunch of mediocre groups and at least for me 5-6 new groups that I have no clue who they are,I know one song from the Hooters but I had no idea who they were.I'm just over 40 and when I first started coming to these shows for both festivals there were a lot of 60s groups with some 70s and 80s and even though most were before my time I really enjoyed the groups they brought in as for the most part were better known than a lot of the groups on the 2017 list,think Beach Boys who we haven't seen in years.It obviously has to do with Disney trying to go for a younger audience while at the same time having to fill out a lineup twice as big as they used to without breaking the bank.I love a lot of the regular groups they bring in as they obviously have a good following and of the new groups there are a couple that I want to see,American Authors,Postmodern Jukebox looks unique,Kenny G cause I've never seen him,as well as Taylor Dayne who's been there before but I haven't seen.

I am 43, and on the other side of the world, and I knew most of the artists - just not the country artists, as they aren't so well known outside of the USA. I am pleased that we coincide with American Authors, and I was hoping to make it to Christopher Cross, but it looks like we might not have the evening free. They are bookended by two I have no idea about (country) so, won't be bothering with them.

If you have no clue who Post Modern Jukebox are give them a try and search them up on youtube. They are an amazing band that play hits in different styles, I'm so happy they are coming

I recognized 25/32 acts.
Out of those 25, I'd only make an effort to see Squeeze, Air Supply and Dennis DeYoung.

But I would have a listen to those 7 unknown bands if I happened to be walking by while they were playing. You never know when you'll find a new favourite. :)

If you have no clue who Post Modern Jukebox are give them a try and search them up on youtube. They are an amazing band that play hits in different styles, I'm so happy they are coming

I just googled them and I see that Haley Reinhart is in the band. I loved her on American Idol!

Disney won't shell out big money for big performers, and not many big performers have anything to gain from performing at such a small venue.

With that said I'm 26 and I've only heard of maybe 5 of the performers coming. Only one I'd care to stop and see would be Boyz II Men

It's a free concert inside a theme park, just who do you think is going to play, U2?

I think for a free concert it's pretty decent all in all. I mean, what do you want?

I'm in my mid 50's and these are the ones I've never heard of (and haven't heard of their song they list either)
Delta Rae
August 31 to September 1, 2017
Known for their song “Bottom of the River”

The Hooters – NEW!
September 2 to September 3, 2017
Known for their song “And We Danced”

Mark Wills – NEW!
September 30 to October 1, 2017
Known for his song “19 Somethin’”

Squeeze – NEW!
November 12 to November 13, 2017
Known for their song “Black Coffee in Bed”

There are others I've heard of and don't listen to now or at any time. Only reason I've heard of Lauren Alaina is she's from here, well, one of our suburbs. But you do have to admit, she is very new and up and coming. Didn't she just win several awards at the CMA?

Last edited:
Squeeze – NEW!
November 12 to November 13, 2017
Known for their song “Black Coffee in Bed”

Angi you've likely heard Squeeze-- A better known song from them would be "Tempted." With music sales not what they once were, touring is where the money is for bands. The difference in time/money/effort for a performer to play Epcot is going to be similar to what it would cost them to play in a larger venue where there's a guarantee, a percentage of the box office, and merch sales. There's also the "Spinal Tap at Amusement Park" syndrome that some performers would avoid.

I don't expect McCartney or the Stones or anything near that level, but I agree.......
I'm not willing to sit around waiting for these D List bands to play their 1 hit.

I'm 44 and we love the Eat to the Beat concerts. I know all of the acts but when they were released i was sad.

We got Kenny G'd.

I was hoping for something that would not put me to sleep.

LOL

Just looked at the list. I'm 59 and familiar with 15 of them, so about half. Seems like from this thread they have a pretty good mix of appealing to a lot of different age groups. If any one person knew all the groups, that might not be a good thing. If an old fogey like me knew all of them, that would be a very bad thing! Really they need something for everybody.
Fun thread.

I'm not willing to sit around waiting for these D List bands to play their 1 hit.

There are people who like love music and there are others. Many of these bands have been playing for decades. They survived fame then not so much fame. They flat out survived, which seems to be a big deal with creative people, actually. That's amazing.

Op I'm 47 and recognized a ton of the acts. And a quick Google told me the others. If you'll be there, check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!