Eaten at EPCOT recently? If so...I'm sorry...

stinkerbelle

In a #10 sort of way?<br><font color=green>Sometim
Has anyone noticed that the food in EPCOT has REALLY gone down the tubes?

Let me clarify - for example - the Yakitori house. We used to love this place...I would always get the yakitori bowl (chicken teriyaki and rice). The only thing I could eat in that thing was the rice on our most recent trip. The chicken was greasy dark meat.

Another day we ate in Mexico...at the counter service place across from the Mexico building...chicken tacos - again, nasty greasy dark meat.

Was it always this bad? Or are they just cutting back?

I have to honestly say that our worst 2 meals at WDW were in EPCOT...and unfortunately, I picked both places! heheheh

... from Facts Of Life, "You take the good, you take the bad, you take the rest and there you have..." the food at Epcot. I've always found it to be sort of a wheel of fortune kinda of prospect. It seems as if year to year, some restaurants will get much better, others much worse. Whether it's a change in management or cut backs, I've no clue.

Luckily, I'm not a real picky eater, plus, I've found that I have certain “favorite" dishes and restaurants which have never failed me, such as the Rose & Crown. But so many people I know will rave about a place one year, return a year later and be disappointed about the quality.

I think the park I've personally found the hardest to get a good meal in would probably be... hey, wait, this might make a good post! Get everyone to fill in that blank. Coming soon, to a new post near you!

Richard

I was one of those people who could never understand why people thought the food at WDW was good. But we just got back from WDW on Wed. and had the best food ever. Believe me- I was surprised.
At EPCOT we decided to run over to Beaches and Cream and have a hamburger there. We waited over an hour w/ the host telling us every 15 mins it would be another 30. We were very irritated! We went back to EPCOT starving and hit the counter service at France and had great ham & cheese quiche and ham and cheese croissants. Very tasty!
Now the margarita I spent $7.00 for at Mexico was another story. The tequila was horrible and bitter.

i've never considered the food top of the line at WDW either but always thought Epcot was the best of the parks by far, actually enjoyed our meals there..oh well another one down the tubes I guess. or I guess more accurately you need to just hope that the right cook and right ingredients happen to come together when you are there.

off topic and on soap box....why can they not prepare good meals? they certainly are charging enough to warrent decent equipment, ingredients and staff..what is the problem..maybe they don't pay enough to keep good staff??

On our most recent trip the food in EPCOT was great. And always has been for us. We don't do the counter service places because we only eat dinner there. We had one lunch at San Angel, the regular Mexican place, it was ok, not good, not bad.

We noticed the dark weird looking chicken at Yakatori as well. Not impressed.

do you think it could have been a soy sauce based marinade..that can make it weird looking!

im just telling you right now, if you want Chinese food. you don't go to Epcot to get it. You go to Vancouver, San Fran, Vegas, or NYC. Not Florida. Everything tastes like soy sauce with some rice. I would think the sushi in Epcot would be ok since Florida is a coastal state. Even the sushi here in Austin is fairly good. The BEST has to be in Seattle or even better, Taiwan. Japan is too expensive.

foobs

I agree! The food at Epcot is sometimes hit or miss, but I've never had a bad meal at LeCellier!

I haven't been to Disney in three years so my recollection of Epcot food isn't up to date, but I've heard bad things about some of the resort food too. Especially CSR's Pepper Market. I don't think I had any bad food last time I was there, and I loved The Pepper Market! Then again I work in a hospital and am therefore subjected to the cafeteria everyday - after that, nothing seems bad!

I'm going back in 6 DAYS (oh my gosh, is it that close?) and I'll leave my 2 cents here.

D4D

The recent changes to the menu at Yakitori House were NOT welcomed here.

We ate at Teppanyaki last month and really enjoyed it. It was as good as the food we get here at home. We would go back here again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter