Eating around the World in 8 days!

Jasminetigger

DIS Veteran
Just got back from 8 wonderful days at WDW. We had a great time and had some really great meals. We were not on the dining plan. We did have the Disney Dining Experience card and it saved us a lot of money. I want to start off by saying that I greatly appreciate all the information I have gained from here. This is a great tool to use for all your restaurant planning. But I want to offer some advice that I learned from this trip. I read so much here before we left on our trip. I was very tempted to change some of our choices and even some of our menu selections because of what I read here. I am so glad I didn't change a thing. We had the best meals on this trip. My advice is to at least try something once before deciding not to try it at all because of what you read here. We would have missed out on some fantastic meals if I took all the bad reviews to heart. Remember everyone's taste is different.

Now on to the food. Our crew consisted of me, DH, DD13, DD8 and sometimes the grandparents.

Our first day we always head over to Beaches N' Cream . The food was delicious as always. We chowed down on Chili dogs, cheeseburgers, and a chicken sandwich. All was very tasty. We finished it off with the famous No Way Jose and my favorite chocolate ice cream soda. What a way to start your vacation.

We were staying at Wilderness lodge so we decided to have dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe our first night. Our server was excellent. Kept the kids laughing throughout the whole meal. We all had the skillet. The food was very good. The corn bread was outstanding as was the corn-on-the-cob. We couldn't get enough of the corn. It was soooo sweet. We really liked this place and will return again.

Saturday we spent the day at Magic Kingdom and had lunch at Pecos Bills . We had eaten here before and remembered the food being very good. It did not disappoint us this time either. We had burgers and BBQ pork sandwiches. The burgers were excellent. They have a wonderful station with topping and fixings. This was a wonderful lunch.

Saturday Night, we had dinner at Chef Mickey's. The food was pretty good, the character interaction and atmosphere was wonderful. The mashed potatoes and pasta dish were excellent. This was the only place we went the entire trip where the service was not so good. Our waitress was down right snooty. But we didn't let it spoil our dinner. We just assumed she was having a bad day and let it go at that. We always have fun here and always look forward to this meal.

Sunday was our MGM day and we had lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. Our meal consisted of The Reuben, cheeseburgers, chili and the steak sandwich. I wasn't that crazy about the chili. But oh my gosh, the steak sandwich was one of the best I ever had. Actually my daughter ordered it and I kinda stole it from her. It had some sort of blue cheese vinegarette dressing on it. It was soooo good. The milk shakes were great as usual. The atmosphere was wonderful. We usually try to have lunch here at least once each trip.

Since Sunday was Father's day my DH got to pick the restaurant. He picked the Concourse Steakhouse. This was our first time eating there. We were pleasantly surprised. We started off with the lobster bisque and the chicken wings. Both were very good. The bisque has a unique taste that takes some getting used to. We had the filet mignon, prime rib, penne pasta and cheese pizza. All were very good and cooked to perfection. The desserts were wonderful. We tried the vanilla creme brulee, the key lime tart and the kids had fun decorating their own cookie. The service was excellent here. I would definitely like to eat here again.

Monday was our first time eating at the famous Le Cellier. The service and atmosphere were excellent. We were seated back in a corner so we had a good view of the restaurant. We started off with the cheese soup, the mussels and the grilled beef tenderloin kabob. All were excellent. The mussels were especially delicious. I was a little disappointed with the beef kabob. It was very good, but for the price of $10.99, I thought the serving size was extremely small. Oher than that the meal was excellent. For our meal we had the mushroom filet, prime rib, salmon and a cheeseburger. All were excellent and cooked to perfection. We will definitely return here again.

Tuesday morning we had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We have eaten here before and really like this place. The characters came by quickly and often. The food was excellent, especially the southwestern egg dish and the strawberry soup. They also have wonderful made to order omelettes.

Tuesday night we had dinner for the first time at 'Ohanna. All I can say is WOW!!! This was our favorite meal of the whole trip. Our server was wonderfully attentive and very funny. The food was amazing. The wonton chips and sauces were very good. The salad had a lite honey lime dressing that was very good. The chicken wings and shrimp were a favorite at our table. The meats were all cooked perfectly and were very juicy. The dessert was awesome. As we rolled away from our table, we vowed we would be back again.

Wednesday we were at Epcot and had lunch at the Rose and Crown. This was our first time eating there. We started off with the Potato and Leek Soup. It was heavenly. We all had the fish and chips and they were very good. For dessert we feasted on the warm apple crumble, Chocolate guiness cake and the sticky toffe pudding. The pudding was out of this world. Service was excellent.

Our last night we ate at the Cape May Clam Bake. Our server was excellent. The buffet was excellent. There was something for everyone. The clams were my favorite. The mussels and shrimp were very good too. They had a wonderful selection of desserts. We will definitely go back here again.

All in all, all of our meals were excellent. Except for the one, the service was excellent. There was not one bad meal in the whole bunch. We had a great time eating. :)

I just read and posted on your WL review. It sounds like you had a vacation of a lifetime. This is wonderful. Thanks for the reviews and comments. I do have one question, though. My father loves chocolate sodas and we plan to go to Ghirardelli, of course, but for some reason Beaches and Cream never crossed my mind. How was yours there?? I know the sodas are pretty simple but he absolutely loves them. Would appreciate your input.

I love the sodas too. It is really hard to find a good old fashioned soda these days. I have had them at both places and they are just as good at either place. :)

Glad to hear that you had a great trip! We especially love Ohanas and Le Celliers also, it is a must eat for our whole family!

Ditto 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Also love Beaches N' Cream; the decor is just as good as the food. Too bad it's not a little larger so they could fit more for TSs....Did you have a hard time getting in or did you have ADRs? Have heard rave reviews about Kona too, but have never been there.

Glad you had such great experiences with your meals. :goodvibes You ate at several places we are in September. :thanks: again!

Gina35 said:
Ditto 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Also love Beaches N' Cream; the decor is just as good as the food. Too bad it's not a little larger so they could fit more for TSs....Did you have a hard time getting in or did you have ADRs? Have heard rave reviews about Kona too, but have never been there.

We only had to wait about 35 minutes for a table at Beaches N' Cream. I don't think they take ADR's there. We didn't make it to Kona this time, but we have been there before. We really like it there and the food is always good. :)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Jasminetigger said:
I want to start off by saying that I greatly appreciate all the information I have gained from here. This is a great tool to use for all your restaurant planning. But I want to offer some advice that I learned from this trip. I read so much here before we left on our trip. I was very tempted to change some of our choices and even some of our menu selections because of what I read here. I am so glad I didn't change a thing. We had the best meals on this trip. My advice is to at least try something once before deciding not to try it at all because of what you read here. We would have missed out on some fantastic meals if I took all the bad reviews to heart. Remember everyone's taste is different.

I'm so glad you made this statement -- it's exactly what I've been thinking!! We too are going to try some places that have had less than glowing reviews, but then we've liked places that others haven't. I think you will always find mixed reviews about any place, but it won't ruin your entire trip if you try it and don't like it!

Thanks for the great reviews -- I still enjoy reading them even if I'm going to trust my own intuition! ;)

DDE Rocks (sshhhh, it's a better deal than dining - but only FL residents and AP holders are eligible for this)! We saved so much on this in the past year. Thanks for the reviews. We are starting our August vacation at Beaches, and can't wait.

To everyone - keep an open mind, and try what you like. Be adventurous. :goodvibes We had the wonderful opportunity of dining on the DDE card this past year and have tried many places more than once. While we do keep reviews from here and the UG under consideration, we do try to do the best with our families preferences.

We are renewing DDE even though we are doing the dining in August. We will make the $ up with drinks and upcoming trips (October at the Dolphin).

Thanks for the reviews. We are eating at almost every single one of those places in September (many for the first time), so I appreciate your input!

magsmom said:
DDE Rocks (sshhhh, it's a better deal than dining - but only FL residents and AP holders are eligible for this)! We saved so much on this in the past year.QUOTE]

magsmom,

You are so right about the DDE card. We saved so much money just on this trip. I estimated we saved about $220.00-$240.00. Plus we used it on our trip last year and our two mini trips at the beginning of this year. Overall, we have saved about $450.00-$475.00. Quite a nice little return for a $60.00 investment. :)

You've made me so excited for our upcoming trip. We picked Beaches & Cream as our first night dinner as well and now I'm really excited about it. Now I just have to figure out: burger or hot dog? :confused3

Thanks for the reviews. You ate at alot of our favorites. I like how you started your trip at Beaches & Creme, we always have to go there on our trips. :)

:confused3
3princesses4us said:
You've made me so excited for our upcoming trip. We picked Beaches & Cream as our first night dinner as well and now I'm really excited about it. Now I just have to figure out: burger or hot dog? :confused3

Go for the burger. I am not a big burger person. This was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. But on the other hand my DH had a chili dog. It was so big he had to eat it with a fork. He said it was so good. Alright, I'm sorry. I've been no help. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter