Eating Through Disney 8?16-20 (Boma,H&V,Marrakesh,Coral Reef)

stites1

Mouseketeer
Cast: Me, DW, DS6

Day One: We arrived from the Kissimee Hojos at 8 am, checked in and took off for AK, as none of us had been before. Lunch was at Pizzafari (DS6 is a HUGE pizza fan). The only odd thing was there was no pizza on the kid's menu. He ended up getting quesssadilas and mater sauce. DW and I got a plain and a pepperoni and all three of us shared. All was well. Very good pizza.
We had 8:30 ADR for Boma ( I guess 60 days out is too late to get a normal time ;)), so we fed the boy all day. DW thought if we went early we'd get seated before 8:30, but not so. We were seated at about 8:35, just like they said. This was the best buffett I've ever had. The food was familiar, but with a different twist. I'm glad it's a buffett, as it allows you to sample a wide variety of food. And sample we did! Save room for dessert.

Day Two: Magic Kingdom first, so we had lunch at Columbia Harbour House. I'd read that it was good food and a nice escape from the heat and crowds, and that was right. I had fish sticks whisch were good. DW had what she reported to be the best chicken fingers ever, and DS attacked his Mac-n-cheese like it was trying to eat him first!
We skipped over to MGM for the Fantasmic package and supper at Hollywood and Vine. DW proclaimed thai the best American food buffett she'd ever had. It was great. There was a wide variety of hot food. The restaraunt is fun to look at and the service was great, even though they were slammed. One hint, don't bypass the kid's section. The BBQ meatballs rock!

Day Three: Trying to take a breather, we heaed for Typhoon Lagoon this morning and had lunch at Typhoon Tilly's there. This place really surprised me. It was way above "snack bar" food. DS's hotdog was HUGE and he loved it. DW got chicken fingers again because they were so good the day before. Must have been the same bird, she loved them, too. I had the ribs and fries special and they were great.
Off to Epcot for supper at the Restaraunt Marrakesh. This was our only problem with the ADR system. There was some sort of SNAFU and the place was an hour behind. We got seated at 7:40 for 6:30 ADR. This made the DS and DW crabby. But dinner was excellent. DS had the standard burger, but was happy. DW tried lamb for the first time and was delighted. It looked good ( not that I got to try any :( ). I had a seafood sampler that was out of this world. The Morrocans are apparently fond of wrapping there food in pastries, which is really good. Everyone left happy.

Day Four: This was going to be our four parks in one day whirlwind adventure. We started out at MGM and had lunch at the Toy Story Pizza Palace, or whatever it's called. There was no kids menu here, so we all got our own personal pizza. We could have gotten salads along with them on the meal plan, but didn't. It was pizza. Cool martians haging from the cieling all over, though.
Dinner was at the Coral Reef at Epcot's Living Seas. This was DW and I's favorite. DW had the lobster soup and I the calamari for appetizers. Disney is the only place I've ever had calamari, and both times I loved it. DS was offered soup as well, but he fell asleep on the bench. DW had steak for supper and loved it ( I did get to try some of that). I had a crab cake, which was much more crab than cake, over chorizo sausage potatoes. Wow! The DS woke briefly to have a slice of, you guessed it, pizza. Dessert was chocolate waves. Wow again. DS woke for a little longer to make his own sundae. This is now my favorite restaurant of all time.

Day Five: Going home today. Sadness. But we had breakfast with Stitch at Ohana at the Polynesian before we left. This was served family-style in a big dish for everyone to share. There were eggs and bacon and sausages and little Mickey shaped waffles. We had seconds of about everything, it was so good. And DW is very picky about her scrambled eggs. The characters all came around, even Mickey in his Hawaiian get-up. We got wonderful pictures and had a ball. Gazing out the window, we could see the castle. A perfect send off.

I am glad to hear you liked Coral Reef!! I haven't seen very many positive reviews of it, but I'll be able to see for myself next Sunday! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter