Eating TS at disney with 2 year old

cisco911

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
We are heading down this summer and have the Dining Plan. We are a family of 4. Myself/Wife/7yo/2.9yo.

So the dining plan is only for the 3 of us and the under 3 year old is free so there are no credits for him.

I know that at the buffets he can just eat from my plate for free but how about sharing at no buffet restaurants. My main concerns are Akershus, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Bon Voyage Breakfast at Tratoria Al Forno. Should I plan on paying out of pocket for meals for him or can he share with his sister or one of us?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

At the all you care to eat, I believe you can get him his own plate. At the a la carte places he can eat off anyone's plate (or everyone's plate) or you can buy him a meal.
I don't specifically know how it will work at those restaurants though.

Be prepared for the heat to impact how much he's willing to eat during the day. We overspent on meals for our under 3. Sometimes she ate, sometimes she didn't...

First a correction about buffets.
At buffets he can have his OWN plate at no cost.
At other locations he can share from the plates in the party or you could pay out of pocket for him.

Hello All,
We are heading down this summer and have the Dining Plan. We are a family of 4. Myself/Wife/7yo/2.9yo.

So the dining plan is only for the 3 of us and the under 3 year old is free so there are no credits for him.

I know that at the buffets he can just eat from my plate for free but how about sharing at no buffet restaurants. My main concerns are Akershus, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Bon Voyage Breakfast at Tratoria Al Forno. Should I plan on paying out of pocket for meals for him or can he share with his sister or one of us?

little one can share off any of party's plate for free or you can pay to order a kids meal for him/her. we did not eat at any you mentioned but as a large group of 14 with 2 littles we all shared with the littles. we never had a problem

When we went to Bon Voyage, our toddler was given his choice of kids meal for free, as well as provided a drink and the bowl of fruit app at no charge. Many others have posted in the past that under 3's were also given a free kids meal at Akershus (if doing lunch or dinner. For breakfast, you get the shared platter and he can have whatever he wants from that). Out of 12 restaurants on our last trip, we were only charged for our son's drink at one of them. This is a courtesy by the server though and not something they have to do. At any family style AYCTE or buffet meal, he can have his own plate of food at no charge. At a regular restaurant (except as previously noted), he can share from anyone in your party's plate for free or you can pay for a meal for him.

Hello All,

I can't speak for the specific restaurants you noted but I frequently see servers giving separate plates to LOs at other restaurants.

We had several locations give our not quite 3 year old her meal for free. Akershus, Chefs de France, and Prime Time Cafe among them. I fully expected to have to pay for her meals when we ordered off the kids menu, but on more occasions than not we didn't. I can't say that is the norm. We did go during spring break so the chaos may have just worked in our favor.

When we went to Bon Voyage, our toddler was given his choice of kids meal for free, as well as provided a drink and the bowl of fruit app at no charge. Many others have posted in the past that under 3's were also given a free kids meal at Akershus (if doing lunch or dinner. For breakfast, you get the shared platter and he can have whatever he wants from that). Out of 12 restaurants on our last trip, we were only charged for our son's drink at one of them. This is a courtesy by the server though and not something they have to do. At any family style AYCTE or buffet meal, he can have his own plate of food at no charge. At a regular restaurant (except as previously noted), he can share from anyone in your party's plate for free or you can pay for a meal for him.

We had the same experience at Bon Voyage.

Another one here who had meals "on the mouse" for my then DD19month old. This happened at Bon Voyage and one other that I can't seem to remember right now.

My LO was also given free kids meals when we were on the (free) dining plan last year, almost everywhere including Akershus. We didn’t eat st WCC or Bon Boyage so cant speak to that but I assume it’s the same.

You may have to pay for a kid’s meal at WCC. I’ve heard of toddlers getting free meals at price fixe locations, but not locations where you just order off the menu.

For instance, we had to pay for a kid’s meal for our 2YO at Kona Cafe (But he was free at places like Crystal Palace and Tusker House).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!