Ecuador and Galapagos Islands

Traveling Tinkerbell

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken the ABD Ecuador and Galapagos Islands adventure this year? We would like to hear how things went and any other feedback you might want to share from your trip.

We are on the 7/28 trip, and were hoping to hear some feedback before we leave. I don't recall anyone here saying they were on the 6/16 trip, but I am pretty sure at least one person (BeachBunny) is on the 07/07 trip.
I don't know that I will do a full trip report, but I do plan to post the highlights once we are back.

Our trip will be myself and my DS 11. We leave 4 weeks from yesterday (we are going in one day early)!
Dahly

ABD rep on our trip last week said Galapagos was in "dress rehearsal" last week. There should be feedback soon.

I'm on the 7/7 trip! We leave in six days! I'm not planning on bringing my laptop so I'll post when I return.

We leave for Quito in about 3 weeks - spending a few days in the Patate/Banos/Ambate region south of the capital before joining our 8/8/09 Gateway to the Galapagos tour. I am just full of questions. Here are a few...

Does anyone have knowlege about voice/data service in Ecuador or Galapagos? We will take our Verizon world phones and I'm trying to figure out whether we'll have voice only or also email/data/text on our Blackberries (when we're near the cell towers).

Also, how cool do you think it is going to be in the evenings/mornings at the
hacienda? It's about 100 here every day right now and hard to get in the mode of thinking we might need fleece or layers?

Another: Does the ship offer a good assortment of wet suits and top notch snorkel equipment, and is there any SCUBA opportunity? we are trying to decide whether to bring any of our own gear - our daughter is especially hard to fit into wet suits (thin teenager) and we want to be sure we're all warm so we can spend a lot of time in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter