ECV rental ?'s

weluvslinkydog

I'm thinking of something orange and white. It's
just a few questions...we plan to bring my mom into the parks with her (own)wheelchair, and then rent a scooter once we get into the park...will they hold her wheelchair somewhere for the day while she is using the scooter she rents?

also, is there a length of stay discount for ECV's?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Yes, the Wheelchair Rental area will (as far as I know) give you a claim check and hold your wheelchair until you return the ECV.
No, there's no length-of-stay discount; but if you rent from an off-site company (see the "sticky" transportation message at the top of the disABILITIES list of threads) she can have use of the ECV 24 hours a day for the same, or possibly less, than the daily cost of renting in the parks.
If you're driving to the parks and can lift maybe 40 pounds, you can rent one that can be taken apart and transported in your trunk.

They do have some "multiple day" discount offers for wheelchairs and strollers. You pre-purchase the number of days you want and can save $2 per day for wheelchairs over the "regular" cost. There is information about it in the disABILITIES FAQs thread.
I don't think they have the same option for ECVs (at least they didn't when I got the information about wheelchairs). ECVs are in more limited supply and they might not be able to guarantee one would be available that you had pre-paid for. I do know (thanks to Cheshire Figment) that the "length of stay" option was not in effect over Christmas/New Years when it was very busy.

The buses, monorails and most boats can accomidate wheelchairs and ECVs, so if you rent one from off-site, there are more options than using a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter