ECV Rental to Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Melissa<3Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I was just curious for those that have stayed at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek, if you have rented an ECV which company did you use and would you recommend them? Did they deliver to bell services or did you need to pickup. We will have a rented van with us.

A little backstory...My husband was diagnosed with MS in 2021 and this is our first trip to the parks since Diagnosis (and our youngest's first trip) and everything is all new to us. We had a very lovely chat with a DAS cast member yesterday and she gave us lots of good pointers. I have read these pages pretty thoroughly, but if you all have any good tips with ECV rental and staying offsite that would be awesome!

Hi everyone! I was just curious for those that have stayed at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek, if you have rented an ECV which company did you use and would you recommend them? Did they deliver to bell services or did you need to pickup. We will have a rented van with us.

A little backstory...My husband was diagnosed with MS in 2021 and this is our first trip to the parks since Diagnosis (and our youngest's first trip) and everything is all new to us. We had a very lovely chat with a DAS cast member yesterday and she gave us lots of good pointers. I have read these pages pretty thoroughly, but if you all have any good tips with ECV rental and staying offsite that would be awesome!

Not sure about the particulars at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, however, any ECV rental vendor you choose will have that info for you regarding drop off and pick up. Just call your preferred vendor as soon as your plans are confirmed to rent the ECV, and you can ask them all about their procedure at the Wyndham.

Main thing I would stress is to make sure you take the scooter battery(s) in to your hotel room every night, and charge it completely. That way you don’t have to worry about constantly searching for electrical outlets, and spending your day trying to charge up enough to get to the next thing to do. You may wish to make sure that you know how much that battery weighs, and make sure that a member of your party could carry that the equivilent length you might have to walk across the Resort to get to your room(s); batteries can be very heavy, and could take as much as 8 hours to fully charge (depending on the battery chemistry and capacity.)

I’m guessing you will be flying in to Orlando? If so, remember that any mobility device that your husband chooses to bring from home will fly for free on all domestic US carriers, and can be gate-checked; just ask the gate agent for assistance when they show up to work the flight. So, that could be a wheelchair, or a scooter - or even a Rollator. When I travel, I take a Rollator so that even the few steps I take in the hotel room I can be safe and supported.

If he is bringing a personal device from home (remember that MCO has looooong TSA lines and most airport terminals are, by design, just a bunch of long hallways) you can protect the device with something like Velcro OneWrap (to hold it together) or a case or cover from Amazon.

I know it all seems so overwhelming, but things will sort out as you go along. You can also call the front desk or bell services at the Wyndham, and ask them for information on specifics regarding on-site delivery of a rental scooter; that way you get it directly from the hotel.

I know y’all probably have plans for how to deal with issues surrounding his MS in the Parks; just a reminder that First Aid stations at every Park will be your friend. If he needs to lie down for a bit, or has other medical assistance needs, First Aid at WDW is fantastic. Each of the 4 Parks has a First Aid station, and you might want to find those on the map, and make sure you know where they are in advance.

One last tip: if he gets cold easily, he may actually feel “wind chill” from sitting on the scooter as it moves - even at walking pace. I carry a lightweight blanket and gloves, as well as a pack or 2 of “Hot Hands” when we leave the hotel, especially if we will be out at night at WDW. My family did not believe me until they experienced it for themselves; when you are physically walking, you exert enough energy to help keep you warm, but just sitting in a chair or scooter, you can chill quicker, especially if you are prone to being cold anyway. It’s especially a problem for me any time the temps drop below about 72 degrees! If he doesn’t want a blanket, he can always pop a poncho on, and that will help protect from the wind as well.

If you are planning to park in disabled spaces, be sure to bring your hangtag from home. And think about how you are getting from home to the airport- a single tag can't be both in your car at home and on your trip.

Last edited:
Not sure about the particulars at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, however, any ECV rental vendor you choose will have that info for you regarding drop off and pick up. Just call your preferred vendor as soon as your plans are confirmed to rent the ECV, and you can ask them all about their procedure at the Wyndham.

Main thing I would stress is to make sure you take the scooter battery(s) in to your hotel room every night, and charge it completely. That way you don’t have to worry about constantly searching for electrical outlets, and spending your day trying to charge up enough to get to the next thing to do. You may wish to make sure that you know how much that battery weighs, and make sure that a member of your party could carry that the equivilent length you might have to walk across the Resort to get to your room(s); batteries can be very heavy, and could take as much as 8 hours to fully charge (depending on the battery chemistry and capacity.)

I’m guessing you will be flying in to Orlando? If so, remember that any mobility device that your husband chooses to bring from home will fly for free on all domestic US carriers, and can be gate-checked; just ask the gate agent for assistance when they show up to work the flight. So, that could be a wheelchair, or a scooter - or even a Rollator. When I travel, I take a Rollator so that even the few steps I take in the hotel room I can be safe and supported.

If he is bringing a personal device from home (remember that MCO has looooong TSA lines and most airport terminals are, by design, just a bunch of long hallways) you can protect the device with something like Velcro OneWrap (to hold it together) or a case or cover from Amazon.

I know it all seems so overwhelming, but things will sort out as you go along. You can also call the front desk or bell services at the Wyndham, and ask them for information on specifics regarding on-site delivery of a rental scooter; that way you get it directly from the hotel.

I know y’all probably have plans for how to deal with issues surrounding his MS in the Parks; just a reminder that First Aid stations at every Park will be your friend. If he needs to lie down for a bit, or has other medical assistance needs, First Aid at WDW is fantastic. Each of the 4 Parks has a First Aid station, and you might want to find those on the map, and make sure you know where they are in advance.

One last tip: if he gets cold easily, he may actually feel “wind chill” from sitting on the scooter as it moves - even at walking pace. I carry a lightweight blanket and gloves, as well as a pack or 2 of “Hot Hands” when we leave the hotel, especially if we will be out at night at WDW. My family did not believe me until they experienced it for themselves; when you are physically walking, you exert enough energy to help keep you warm, but just sitting in a chair or scooter, you can chill quicker, especially if you are prone to being cold anyway. It’s especially a problem for me any time the temps drop below about 72 degrees! If he doesn’t want a blanket, he can always pop a poncho on, and that will help protect from the wind as well.
Thank you so much for all this amazing information! We never even thought about things like First Aid stations or being cold on the ECV as I'm sure the mornings will pretty cold in a few weeks.

Calling Bell services is also really smart. Will call them first thing next week and report back here in case this can help another person.

You are right we are both a little overwhelmed but know it will all work out. We were always park open to park close people, so adjusting to this new reality will just take time, but we are so excited to take our youngest on his first trip and feel so grateful we can visit again and that his diagnosis hasn't stopped us from doing what we love, even if it has to be a little bit different.

Thank you again for your tips!

I use Walker Mobility every time. They will deliver to Wyndham Bonnet Creek at the bellstand for you. There scooters are portable. I go to them each time because, there scooters are not only water resistant which is super helpful in FL where it rains in the afternoons lol but, also I can go all day with their scooters at the parks.

Just did this twice in December. We used Buena Vista Rentals. We also rented a minivan. We rented the portable scooter so we could take it apart to put it in the back. Once you do it once you get the hang of it. We don't normally use the Disney transportation or anything.. so it was essential to have the portable unit.. since its the only one that comes apart.

The unit was waiting for us when we checked in. It was nice just to have it there.. At some of the Disney owned resorts you had to meet the company at a certain time! And at the end we just had to return it back to the same place for the company to pick it up!

I think the heaviest piece was the battery but the unit itself is awkward when you pick it up. It was better when there was a 3rd person to help guide. (My sister ended up in a boot before having surgery right after Christmas on her foot.)

They also offered a 10% discount on subsequent orders.. but you have to call in to get make sure you get the discount!

We just set up our rental for Princess Weekend and she opted to add the cup holder!

We did charge the unit in the evenings.. and it lasted all day in the parks. She was good about turning off the scooter when she wasn't actively driving around.. so I think that helped!

Just did this twice in December. We used Buena Vista Rentals. We also rented a minivan. We rented the portable scooter so we could take it apart to put it in the back. Once you do it once you get the hang of it. We don't normally use the Disney transportation or anything.. so it was essential to have the portable unit.. since its the only one that comes apart.

The unit was waiting for us when we checked in. It was nice just to have it there.. At some of the Disney owned resorts you had to meet the company at a certain time! And at the end we just had to return it back to the same place for the company to pick it up!

I think the heaviest piece was the battery but the unit itself is awkward when you pick it up. It was better when there was a 3rd person to help guide. (My sister ended up in a boot before having surgery right after Christmas on her foot.)

They also offered a 10% discount on subsequent orders.. but you have to call in to get make sure you get the discount!

We just set up our rental for Princess Weekend and she opted to add the cup holder!

We did charge the unit in the evenings.. and it lasted all day in the parks. She was good about turning off the scooter when she wasn't actively driving around.. so I think that helped!

Thank you so much for this helpful information. That's good to hear it was a fairly simple process!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter