ECV Rental

MicksGirl

Earning My Ears
We are looking into renting an ECV from an outside company, but my DH is worried about the battery dying during the day. What happens then? I don't want him to be stuck with a dead ECV.

If you plug the ECV in everynight you shouldn't have a problem. You will probably need to bring it into the hotel room to be close to an outlet or maybe in the hallway depending on where you are staying. The battery if properly charged will last easily all day in the parks.

If for some reason you do have a problem, I have read of people on these boards that have called the rental company from the parks and had a replacement delivered directly to them within an hour or two.

We are going to WDW in 2 weeks with my FIL and are renting an ECV. It should be fine as he uses one to get around his condo complex at home so he is used to the equipment and making sure to plug it in.

Stacey

the one i rented from Walker a few months ago had a battery charge indicator on it and at the end of the day i could see that it moved, but there was always almost 2/3 of a charge still left on it and we spent LONG days in the parks!

from what i've read, it's rare for the battery to die and the rental companies fix the problem promptly if it does happen.

I always rent from Walkermobility.com and never had a battery problem. One time we got a flat tire and we were at the back of the World showcase at the time, Walker had us a new ECV WITHIN One hour. very impressive.
be sure to charge your scooter each night in your room.

I, too, have rented several times from Walker & had no problems with the battery. I charged it every night. My guess is it could last a lot longer that I have used it.

Prior to using Walker, I used to rent from each park at WDW. Those batteries at the time did not last all day :(.

Originally posted by MicksGirl
We are looking into renting an ECV from an outside company, but my DH is worried about the battery dying during the day. What happens then? I don't want him to be stuck with a dead ECV.

As others have said, the likelyhood of him running out of battery is very remote. If he is still worried he should carry his charger with him, he will be able to get a boost most everywhere they have a power outlet (like everywhere). Ask the wait staff to find you a table next to an outlet while you have lunch.

After your first day, your husband will have the confidence to leave the charger at home.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter