EE crowds?

Wackiemommy

Earning My Ears
How crowded are EE mornings? We will be going towards the end of June and I'm just trying to prepare myself for the crowds.
Thanks!

If you can get yourself to the gate at least 15 minutes early (30 minutes is better) the crowds will not matter because you will be ahead of them.

It does crowd up in FantasyLand throughout the EE, with people piling into the Peter Pan, Dumbo and Matterhorn lines. If you hit these first (and Alice) you will hardly wait in any lines during EE. We waited about 5 minutes for Matterhorn, and that was the longest line. Most were walk-on or less than 2 minutes.

Just don't be late to the popular FantasyLand rides I listed or you will wait much longer. I suspect that if you show up at the DL gets 5-10 minutes after EE starts vs. 15 minutes before, you will be lucky to ride Peter Pan and Dumbo and that's all. These lines build very fast.

Do you have to stay in a Disney hotel to get EE or is it, as I have read somewhere I think, included with a Hopper pass?

If it is with the hopper is there any particular day they do it on? Is it an added extra which costs more like in WDW?

Thanks for any help given!

As long as you purchase a 3 day hopper pass or longer, you will be eligible for 1 EE. The days they are offered are Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Saturday.

If you are a guest at one of the Disney properties, you will not be limited to only one day.

We went at the end of March and the crowd wasn't too bad. Like previous posters have said, get there at least 15-30 minutes before and hit Peter Pan and Matterhorn first!

boscoj said:
As long as you purchase a 3 day hopper pass or longer, you will be eligible for 1 EE. The days they are offered are Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Saturday.

If you are a guest at one of the Disney properties, you will not be limited to only one day.

We went at the end of March and the crowd wasn't too bad. Like previous posters have said, get there at least 15-30 minutes before and hit Peter Pan and Matterhorn first!

Is that true? I thought that you still only got 1 day EE. We will be at the GCH for 7 days, and have 8 day park hoppers, does that mean we can do early entry on the days it is available not just once?

Cheers

sydangel68 said:
Is that true? I thought that you still only got 1 day EE. We will be at the GCH for 7 days, and have 8 day park hoppers, does that mean we can do early entry on the days it is available not just once?

Cheers

Guests of the 3 DLR properties have been given EE privileges since last year. We availed this unpublished perk when we stayed at GCH ilast Oct and again when we stayed iat DLH last month. It is an unpublished perk for staying onsite and maybe pulled at anytime. Ask upon check-in if you can still get EE by showing your white hotel charge slips at the gates. We have APs and had no issues when entering the park on EE mornings.

We used EE multiple times in August and Dec. while staying on-sute (showing our charge slip as noted by the other poster).

The crowds varied quite a bit. Sat. Dec. 16 (the start of the hectic holiday season), the crowds were incredibly light through most of EE. We walked right on to PP and other FL rides, including Matterhorn at least twice. Other days the EEs were a bit more crowded. I usually try to get to the gates 15-20 minutes before EE opening. Doing that, we have generally been among the first guest through the castle and onto Peter Pan. We've generally been able to hit about every ride open for EE during that first hour.

During our next scheduled trip in June, it doesn't look like there will be any EEs because of Grad Nites :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter