Summer 09 now on sale!!!

Was there not offers for children under 12 or 7 free, before the 15th celebrations then??

I was hoping to go next christmas based on this years prices, but better not expect what I was planning then LOL!

Deb - was that a phone quote? I've just looked up May (9th onwards) and there isn't showing a free night on the net?

Certainly looking pricier isn't it? I do think the 'free child' places may be making a difference. I think more people will struggle to find that sort of cash with the 'credit crunch' and poor exchange rate :(

Was there not offers for children under 12 or 7 free, before the 15th celebrations then??

Well yes there was, but they were only previous a special offer for a period of time - rather than a continous pricing 'offer' has they they wil have been for the past 24months (April 2007 - April 2009).

I was just meaning that for a lot of people they are going to see a major pricing increase when they've now got to pay for children as well, when previously they have only paid for effectively 2 adults (or similar)

I did a quick check for the Easter holidays and it would be over £800 for 2 adults, 1 child at Santa Fe for 3 nights without transport.

I am so regretting not renewing those APs now

I cant bring myself to look - hopefully our Aps can work some magic;)

I reckon the steep price increase may also be due to the poor exchange rate between sterling and euro. Over the last few years the rate has been pretty consistent in the 1.40s ~ now it's down in the 1.20s.

I reckon the steep price increase may also be due to the poor exchange rate between sterling and euro. Over the last few years the rate has been pretty consistent in the 1.40s ~ now it's down in the 1.20s.

Good point. I wonder if anybody who posts here from Ireland (or any other Euro based country for that matter) has experienced large price increases? If they haven't, then you could be right.

Im sure someone has mentioned that they cant book yet from Ireland. Probably so we cant compare prices

Its catch 22 though isn't it. From the hotels perspective they need to make a profit from our perspective we need a bargain as we're all feeling the pinch a bit (certainly in the UK). I think like someone said earlier people will start to vote with their feet.

For the first time ever in November I'm staying off site because the difference was so great 6 adults and 2 kids in SL was close to £900 for 3 nights - staying in Adagio was just short of £300. Now on top of that we need tickets for 4 and our breckie but that still won't cost us an extra £600.

i cudnt resist a price up - looks at least £100 more for next year, going at the same time. we still get the kids for free, but no extra nights included (which we did get for both our other hols) but then, can get shareholders discount off those prices, so not a huge amount difference......
but of course, thats based at cheyenne!
also - priced up halloween for next year, and it isnt too bad!!!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

I just priced an Easter stay...

Holiday Inn for 3 nights plus Eurostar tickets plus Park tickets.... £978 direct with Disney

Holiday Inn for 3 nights plus Eurostar tickets NO Park Tickets....£499 direct with Eurostar

Expensive Park Tickets????????? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Holiday Inn for 3 nights plus Eurostar tickets plus Park tickets.... £978 direct with Disney

Holiday Inn for 3 nights plus Eurostar tickets NO Park Tickets....£499 direct with Eurostar

:scared1: :rotfl: omg!

i am so glad we have only ever stayed offsite,and i forsee many more people doing so in future

would be gutting to stay onsite ALL the time,and now not be able to afford to ? :(

nowt wrong with offsite though,we like it (not being able to compare with onsite) and of course having more money to spend on meals / souvenirs etc is all good :thumbsup2

yes we love DLRP but some of the prices you guys pay / have paid are :eek: and i would never pay that ! ( unless a lottery win :rotfl: )

What a difference.:scared1:

Which dates was that for at Easter?
I priced Easter Monday for 3 nights at Santa Fe and it was over £800 but with no travel.

We are seriously considering getting APs again and then staying at HI/Explorers in future (apart from February of course :cloud9: Its DLH then)

We're going.....urm, I mean....:rolleyes1 ... I priced from 13 April (Easter Monday) until Thursday 16 April.

Unfortunately the Eurostar tickets for that week are more than £30 more than the previous week.

I've just been on the phone as well! Sequoia Lodge for four adults in July next year is £3526, doesn't include the VEA though (does include insurance) as I want to look into other ways from and to the airport.

Just to comment on Iain Chapmans reply-about people are maybe paying for a family of 4 instead of 2 this year-good point-however
-Our steep price quote for this year did include a children under 7 stay free offer-plus my littlest one is only 2 (was 1 last year) my little boy will be 5 instead of 4-so we are purchasing for exactly the same family 'make up' as we were last year.
We will have to have a real think as to when we can go to get the best deal!
:)

We're going.....urm, I mean....:rolleyes1 ... I priced from 13 April (Easter Monday) until Thursday 16 April.

Unfortunately the Eurostar tickets for that week are more than £30 more than the previous week.

Those are the dates I priced for as well :rotfl: Maybe see you at Easter as well as in february :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter